• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

For Sale Husqvarna Large Ring Mauser 9.3mm $650

G19Jeeper

Selling my Husqvarna Large Ring Commercial Mauser Sporter rifle in 9.3mm. It is a 9.3x57 and my plan was to spend $75 for the 'smith to ream it out 5mm further for the 9.3x62mm. I had then decided to hold off to preserve it's original nature and possibly shoot it and hunt with it as is (Norma brass is available and Hornady makes dies). I recently just acquired a Sako in 9.3 that will be soaking up my funds so I am letting this beaut go. Selling for what I paid for it a handful of years ago and buyer will be responsible for shipping costs and insurance. I never collected the brass and dies for this rifle and did not shoot it.

Rifle is estimated to be from the 1920's-early 1940's. These are very UNCOMMON in the Large Rings and are generally built off 1896 actions. I purchased this one specifically because it has a tight lockup, nice bore and the Large Ring would be more durable for the stout 9.3x62 test loads I wanted to play with.

As expected from these types of rifles, there is signs of steady use on the stock including gouges and marks. The buttplate does not fit properly. Please look over photos. This also has the more desirable milled bottom metal.

Looking to recoup $650 for it plus actual shipping. FFL must accept from Individual.

EDIT ABOVE: a few people asked about the "presumed to be 9.3x57". Poor choice of wording on my end, barrel is stamped "9.3mm" but it IS a 9.3x57. I just verified that a 9.3x62 will not chamber. Since it's a standard 0.473 bolt face, those are the only two options from the time frame of this rifle. Hope that clears it up!

1000010412.jpg
1000010413.jpg
1000010414.jpg
1000010415.jpg
1000010416.jpg
1000010417.jpg
1000010418.jpg

Last edited:
I have one of these in .30-06 and love it. Take one offhand shot at 91 yards every day with it. Carries well and for that reason, it is my favorite coyote rifle.
It really does point well, I am tempted to hang on to it, put an aperture on the rear and a band front sight on it and use it for brush.

Anyone wanting to try the 9.3 category, this would be a great way to get involved. x57 is a ***** cat and makes a great elk/moose rifle (size up 8mm for plentiful brass) as would a x62 (basically a 9.3/30-06) having a bit more oomph on both ends. I'm waiting on a 9.3x64...:oops:

ps: that's a nice looking stock! I'd think about keeping that one!

Been wanting one like that in 30-06 ever since I let one get away a few yrs ago!!!!
Nice rifle. GLWS