Hunting scope 500-700 yards FFP under $800

Your pretty close budget wise for a Trijicon of some flavor. I'll speak to my experience with the Credo HX but that is second focal plane. Tracking, reliability and feature rich. I was not a fan of what their reticles looked like online until I traveled to see one in person. The reticle lighting is also excellent!! Mounting my second one this week on a 300WSM.
I picked up a Trijicon Accupoint 3-18x50 about 6 months ago on sale for under $1,000 from Sportsmans Whorehouse.

It's over the $800 price point but not too far. I like it- the glass is really good, great edge to edge clarity, not too huge.

I picked up a Trijicon Accupoint 3-18x50 about 6 months ago on sale for under $1,000 from Sportsmans Whorehouse.

It's over the $800 price point but not too far. I like it- the glass is really good, great edge to edge clarity, not too huge.
I'm a self admitted optics junky. I also have a relative that was a high level corp executive at several different optics manufacturers in the U.S. and Europe, so I've gotten a bit of inside color on the business side of things. Generally speaking the European way of designing, building and marketing a riflescope is very telling compared to their counterparts in the rest of the world, including the Pacific Rim. Co.'s like Meopta, S&B, Leica, & Swaro take great pride in their work and their assembly process is indicative of this. The tolerances are tight and their workers buy in to this mindset.
This doesn't mean that if I buy a Meopta it's guaranteed to be perfect, but knowing the workers in the Czech Republic actually care about their life's work does give me confidence in my purchase.
In fairness, much of what I've been told was years ago and I know there is great glass being made right here in the US and Japan….Trijicon for example.
If I had a $800-$1000 budget I would still put Meopta & Trijicon at the top of my list….
More importantly, I would not hesitate to buy used optics. I've owned about 15 higher end scopes over the yrs and I can only think of 3 that were bought brand new. The rest were either demos or used. Great glass doesn't wear out.

I second looking to the used market or demo models listed at EuroOptic and SportOptics - there are often good deals there. For your intended ranges - 3-12x should be sufficient if the glass is good. Leupold, Meopta, maybe even Leica or Zeiss may be found in your budget.

LOL....I don't like Arken reticles .....he says ...
????
what the hell is not to like about them ??
If you're a shooter , and long range , they have what you need..
In this economy and what tomorrow is bringing ,,,I'd be **** frugal
with money right now....

Arken for the WIN !!! save money , buy food and gun powder
lithium batteries for everything ...thank me later !

Im looking for a hunting scope for 500-700 yards FFP under $800 Not a fan of vortex, arken(reticles) i prefer to not have a floating dot center. Adjustable turrets is a plus. Really love my XTR III. Mainly run Riton scopes. Any other to look at ? Will be on a 6.5 PRC

Burris XTR II 3-15X50

ZIESS V4 4-16X44
If you can find a used one in your price range, and you might, snatch up a Bushnell LRHS2, LRHS, or LRTSi. Great scopes.

If you can stretch your budget just a little, or you are a veteran, active military, LE or first responder, Tract gives a hefty discount. I did a review on their 30mm Toric hunting scope which you can read here on LRH. It is a heck of a good scope for the money.

John