Howdy! 270 new to me and new to the group!

I've heard good things about this forum, from the guys involved and active, but more importantly the community to help share our experience to help better others and bring them success as well.

West coast hunter and willing and wanting to do more and more places. Washington down to California.

Will be picking up a browning xbolt speed "LR" 26" with 1:7.5 twist. Plan on using 145gr eld x, and have a couple different powder options. Any suggestions for loads?

Welcome from Tennessee, this is a great forum with a lot of knowledgeable people! I dont know the laws out west but I would see if some of the states your wanting to hunt are copper bullets only! When it comes to copper I've had good luck with the hammers getting them to shoot good but have not tried them on game yet. I like the eld-x as well but not for sure they're legal in California, but i could be wrong!

Reloader 26 will top out at from 60 to 61 grains., with your bullet. Don't take this as load data but i used 60.7 grains with the nosler 150 grain ballistic tip. Every gun is different in its tolerance on pressure. I would start at 58.5 grains and work up slowly. Watch for pressure signs. Flattened primers and ejector marks as warning signs.