• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

How do you handle not receiving feedback from a transaction?

In this day of scams, feedback is important, positive feedback is a must to settle any worries.

How do you handle not receiving feedback from a transaction, especially if you feel it was a positive transaction.

My selling feedback hasn't been a problem, but I have had a couple of transactions where I was the buyer and never received any feedback even after the payment arrived.

Am I being unreasonable about this? Is it unreasonable to request feedback?

I would ask if you would like it but no big deal either way. Most probably don't consider doing it

Thanks

Buck

In this day of scams, feedback is important, positive feedback is a must to settle any worries.

How do you handle not receiving feedback from a transaction, especially if you feel it was a positive transaction.

My selling feedback hasn't been a problem, but I have had a couple of transactions where I was the buyer and never received any feedback even after the payment arrived.

Am I being unreasonable about this? Is it unreasonable to request feedback?
I've never really given feedback and I do not expect it. I'm regular enough on the forum that I am reachable if there should be an issue. I don't plan on taking advantage of anyone. The only time I would say something in open forum is if I feel like something is a total scam. No news is good news imo. I'm not part of the everyone gets a trophy crowd.

After the transaction is complete (both monies and items delivered), I leave feedback. Luckily, it has all been positive. I make sure I let the other party know I have left feedback, as a "hint" to do the same.

I had a transaction (where I was the seller) go off track a bit with the shipping company. I sent the items the same day as the money. I was on the tracking website every day and sending updates to the buyer. I even told them if they didn't get the item (should have been 2-3 days, showed up 11 days later after sitting in L.A. for 8 days) by end of week, I would refund the money. They got the item. I left positive feedback.

I usually forget to leave feedback. I have been reminded before and it was actually helpful. I see about 5-10% that leave feedback without a reminder on my sells. Im negligent on my end the same for purchases I make.

I just need to be a smarter purchaser and transactions would be 97.24% perfect.

While this is probably true - I'd be interested in knowing who here has actually left negative feedback.

Let's see a show of hands.
I have not. After a couple transactions I was going to leave a neutral feedback for a member just for a lack of communication but I figured they could just as easily done the same even though it wasn't true. I did receive the item and was advertised but wasn't told when shipped and no tracking info.

Recent Posts