Hornady pod cast on bonded bullets!

Do the ELDX expand/perform similar to a Berger? I haven't shot them, but it sounds like a similar concept. Penetrate a little and then dump all the energy.
Not really. Much thicker jacketed still. Especially towards the base. And they do still have (supposedly) an interlock ring to somewhat arrest expansion after a certain amount.

That being said, I haven't shot an animal with either of them. So take that with a grain of salt 😁. But in their expressed design goals and construction there are some notable differences. The eldx is supposed to NOT totally grenade at any point whereas the Bergers, if they do, it's not considered a fail, that's what's supposed to happen. The eldx is marketed as a controlled expansion bullet. The Berger is not.

I am still below 6.5 prc.
Both of us were getting about 50% pass threw.
Ok, I was just curious. Some consider it a very bad thing to not have two holes but I am not one of them.
I used Berger for a few years and never had a pass through (plenty bang flops) until I had one pencil through so decided to go back to the ballistic tips. I usually don't get pass through but it doesn't matter because they are dead right there and that's what I expect of my deer hunting bullet.

@VinceMule
My own success now with ABLR has been stated in several threads here and it is constantly expanding.
I am using 6.5mm the most in a few cartridges now, and even my target rig in 260AI has seen some use with the 142g ABLR, I am seating them touching in this rig. Also, my 6.5x47's (2), 264WM is getting both the 142g & 150g ABLR and so is my 6.5-300 Weatherby.
Both my 7-08 & 7STW are using the 168g ABLR, the STW is also using the 175g.
300WM (4) are using the 210g ABLR, the 300 Weatherby has used the 190g & 210g ABLR and the 300RUM is going to use the 210g ABLR (loads are done, just need to test)
My 300-416 Rigby Improved 35° didn't like anything lighter than 230g, but I have since changed the design to 40° and not tested yet.
Both of my 338-416 Rigby Improved barrels had issues with both 265g & 300g ABLR, the 9" twist appears marginal, no keyholes, but not accurate enough for a comp rifle used for hunting.

I would like to see a better array for both 338 and 375 cal for the larger cases, other companies have seen the light, Nosler are just slow to the punch.

Cheers.

@VinceMule
My own success now with ABLR has been stated in several threads here and it is constantly expanding.
I am using 6.5mm the most in a few cartridges now, and even my target rig in 260AI has seen some use with the 142g ABLR, I am seating them touching in this rig. Also, my 6.5x47's (2), 264WM is getting both the 142g & 150g ABLR and so is my 6.5-300 Weatherby.
Both my 7-08 & 7STW are using the 168g ABLR, the STW is also using the 175g.
300WM (4) are using the 210g ABLR, the 300 Weatherby has used the 190g & 210g ABLR and the 300RUM is going to use the 210g ABLR (loads are done, just need to test)
My 300-416 Rigby Improved 35° didn't like anything lighter than 230g, but I have since changed the design to 40° and not tested yet.
Both of my 338-416 Rigby Improved barrels had issues with both 265g & 300g ABLR, the 9" twist appears marginal, no keyholes, but not accurate enough for a comp rifle used for hunting.

I would like to see a better array for both 338 and 375 cal for the larger cases, other companies have seen the light, Nosler are just slow to the punch.

Cheers.

Is that .300-416 running a 10 twist or something faster still?