Hornady 6.5C 143 ELD-X performance issues

Thr Florida possession limit for deer has been 4 as far back as 2005. I can keep looking back if you want. That's the funny thing about the internet, they don't delete this stuff. Do I need to keep doing this to you? Just stop digging the hole.

There has never been a season limit on bucks in Florida until the last few years .only day limit of 2 and possession limit of 4 .you are a lier

A possession limit of 4 deer. It has been that way as far back as I can see.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210222-065753_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210222-065753_Chrome.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 105
Jesus christ you're dense. I'm done here. Anyone who can read will see what you are. Dont tag me again, I'm reminded of a Samuel Clemens quote about the argument that is happening here. Goodbye

Jesus christ you're dense. I'm done here. Anyone who can read will see what you are. Dont tag me again, I'm reminded of a Samuel Clemens quote about the argument that is happening here. Goodbye

And you tagged me again anyways. I see why you don't understand why you're been exposed. Maybe you were in the bathroom eating glue when they explained the difference between "bag limit" and "possession limit" in your hunter safety course. I don't have the time or the crayons required to explain it to you, but you should look into it, so that in the future when you are attempting to lie to a group of people, they won't figure it out so easily.

And you tagged me again anyways. I see why you don't understand why you're been exposed. Maybe you were in the bathroom eating glue when they explained the difference between "bag limit" and "possession limit" in your hunter safety course. I don't have the time or the crayons required to explain it to you, but you should look into it, so that in the future when you are attempting to lie to a group of people, they won't figure it out so easily.
I tried to explain to you but there was never a bag limit for the season in the state of Florida until 2019 and that's a fact .2 bucks every day season was legal until 2019

You are the lier , here is proof .https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2019/8/6/florida-institutes-first-annual-deer-bag-limit

I have posted, previously, pics of my two (143g Eld-x from 6.5 PRC) bullets out of a large mule deer buck at 156 yards. Bullet expansion and weight retention was very good. Mine didn't go through because they were quartering shots. The lungs were soup. I will say i have shot the SST's out of my 308 Win on deer and they are devastatings! The deer dropped in their tracks, but don't hit them anywhere you want to save meat. A front shoulder hit destroys the whole shoulder and I never found anything left of the bullet. Internals were also soup.

Attachments

• 143 eldx.jpg
    143 eldx.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 124
Shot a bull at just under 100 yards with the ELDX out of a 6.5 PRC. Put it right behind the shoulder, missing the large shoulder bone. He went another 100-150 yards before piling up at the bottom of the next hill. There was fresh snow on the ground...not a drop of blood until he started to go down, about 5 yards from where he died. Shot was perfect, double lung. Glad I didn't hit the shoulder on the way in since the jacket had completely separated from the lead core. I found the jacket just under the offside hide.

View attachment 233079View attachment 233080
No number of "Bang-flops" or DRT's really make up for what we see from these photos. I'm glad that so many of you did get instant kills because if you hadn't--what we see in these photos doesn't bode well for finding game that keep running.

Many say "If he drops on the spot, then there's no tracking to do" and they seem to think that's an acceptable trade for having no blood trail. I love Bang-flop as much as anyone, but I always want an exit hole or at very least, a whole bunch of penetration and/or bone piercing just in case he doesn't go flop on the shot.

I know soft explosive expansion often renders instant death. I know guys who love Bergers get a kick out of it. I've had my share with Nosler BT's and Hornady SST's and even Sierra Gameking SPBT. But I much prefer to have less scrambled innards and more smoking exit holes. True, they may not go down as quickly, but with a tougher controlled expansion there's no jacket loss and usually a blood trail to find your game. I won't trade finding my prey for finding them sooner. This is coming from a man who has recovered every single animal he's shot with a rifle over many years. Have found them all and God willing, hope to never let one go unrecovered.

The photos above look like an advertisement for the very reason Nosler first invented the Partition. And we have many better bonded bullets today; even some that are designed to expand at long range and still not shed their jacket. The ELD-X may kill a bunch of critters hit just right and that speaks well for the well-placed shots, but as far as terminal performance goes, it looks to be a step backwards.

God forbid that I make a poor shot, but if I do, I don't want to find no blood to follow--not where I hunt. It ain't no wide open place like Montana.