• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

For Sale Hornaday 162 A Max 7mm bullets.

casey36

I have 145 of the original 162gr. A Max bullets. These are the long aluminum nose bullets. If anyone is interested, please contact me and we can discuss price. They are not in the original packaging.

Attachments

• 20240926_173912.jpg
    20240926_173912.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 33
They original ones did. i shot them in an 7mm STW a long time ago. When they first came out. Bought the first ones to hit the shelves at Grice gun shop in Clearfield PA. Most streamlined bullets i ever saw. The three A Max styles through the years below.

Last edited:
Search 162 Hornaday a Max mystery on here. They talk about the progression of the bullet.
I think I was the one that posted that picture years ago. Casey is correct, they are the original A-Max also called National Match. Hornady only made one lot of those, #28401.. Production was ceased because the bullets were tearing up the dies.. that's a direct quote from Hornady.
I have a good bit of these bullets..

Attachments

• IMG_7394.jpeg
    IMG_7394.jpeg
    399.2 KB · Views: 18
Vld seaters would go a long way with these bullets. They shot great for me, I just found another bullet i liked better and stuck with it.