Hong Kong no

Bergers are good projectiles but I prefer Barnes TTSX for pigs and up to scrub bulls they always hold their weight or just a fraction under and always open up over caliber I use the 180 grnTTSX
For pigs , and deer when I get to see them , and 200 grn LRX on scrub bulls, camels , donkeys and wild horses
So far never had a failure with them ,

IF you want a no BS evaluation of the Barnes and the Berger bullets. I have experience with both. most specifically the .277" diameters, the .308" and the .338" diameters. the Berger are medium to long range devastating slugs. the Barnes are devastating from 150 yards to 600 yards (the longest shot I have taken with a Barnes slug). I would always trust a Barnes or Berger slug to do what it was designed for. they never have failed me. .277"-150 grain VLD hunter took a 6X6 trophy bull at 409 yards and it never took a step after being hit. it did however roll down the hill once it stopped swaying and fell.
Barnes .277"-140 grain slug at 500+/- a few yards; the bull fell almost immediately after being hit in the neck. previously had been hit superficially in the chest (just skin damage) by a guy in the group.
.308" I have a 30-30 and the 150 grain hollow point does not ever fail to bring down anything I shoot with it. my 300 win mag loves any barnes slug 180 grain or under and any berger slug under 200.
my 338 Win Mag will put down bear, elk, or moose with ease with either of the barnes or berger slugs. I prefer the Barnes in this instance. better penetration and better performance on the more deadly game we have on this continent. I have tried, Hornady, Speer, Swift, Norma, Lapua, Remington, Winchester, and Sierra slugs. I prefer and trust Berger and Barnes.

Last edited:
215 Berger from .300RUM @ 3100fps MV, 432 yards on mature bull elk. Broke both front shoulders (not femurs) and shattered a vertebra. Stopped in offside hide. Bull dropped at the shot.
Glassed up from 1400

Made the shot w. 30 minutes left in the 10 day hunt

Super nice elk, just received 3 new box's of 185gr VLD from HSM gonna dial in tomorrow. I'm sold on the Berger's HSM offers

IF you want a no BS evaluation of the Barnes and the Berger bullets. I have experience with both. most specifically the .277" diameters, the .308" and the .338" diameters. the Berger are medium to long range devastating slugs. the Barnes are devastating from 150 yards to 600 yards (the longest shot I have taken with a Barnes slug). I would always trust a Barnes or Berger slug to do what it was designed for. they never have failed me. .277"-150 grain VLD hunter took a 6X6 trophy bull at 409 yards and it never took a step after being hit. it did however roll down the hill once it stopped swaying and fell. Barnes .277"-140 grain slug at 500+/- a few yards the bull was hit superficially in the chest (just skin damage) went down after a tense 3 full seconds after being hit.
.308" I have a 30-30 and the 150 grain hollow point does not ever fail to bring down anything I shoot with it. my 300 win mag loves any barnes slug 180 grain or under and any berger slug under 200.
my 338 Win Mag will put down bear, elk, or moose with ease with either of the barnes or berger slugs. I prefer the Barnes in this instance. better penetration and better performance on the more deadly game we have on this continent. I have tried, Hornady, Speer, Swift, Norma, Lapua, Remington, Winchester, and Sierra slugs. I prefer and trust Berger and Barnes.
I'm dialing in a brand new set. Savage high country 110 300 WM vortex 5x25 pst ll, gonna shoot the HSM trophy 185 gr berger VLD. Thanks for the help

Morning, the choice of bullets is to the user. game do not know
what gr. bullet that will kill them. depending on the
caliber and casing. accuracy first, performance on game second.
I use Winchester, barnes my favorite, berger and other bullets.
well placed shots put meat on the table!! justme gbot tum

Morning, the choice of bullets is to the user. game do not know
what gr. bullet that will kill them. depending on the
caliber and casing. accuracy first, performance on game second.
I use Winchester, barnes my favorite, berger and other bullets.
well placed shots put meat on the table!! justme gbot tum
G'day Just Country

Mate I gotta ask what does gbot tum mean ?????
I'm a very big fan of Barnes projectiles I've used them for years started with the .308 180 grn TSX tried most of them over the years , now you guys have me busting a tail for the hammers lol:rolleyes:
Cheers
Paul

morning, GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS-THANK YOU MUCH
in the 308WIN. I use the 135 TTSX very accurate and
good performance.hogs, deer or anything does dies.
push these bullets hard. justme gbot tum

morning, GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS-THANK YOU MUCH
in the 308WIN. I use the 135 TTSX very accurate and
good performance.hogs, deer or anything does dies.
push these bullets hard. justme gbot tum

As a retired military with two sons (USAF and USMC) from a multi-generation multi-service, I truly appreciate the support. My son (USMC) is deploying tomorrow.

morning gbot. to ur son. tell him every morning
go outside and look at the sunrise and say
thank u. justme gbot tum

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.