Holster for glock 40? (10mm longslide)

ShtrRdy

I'm looking for a holster for a G40 when I go hunting. I would like the bottom closed off, or nearly so, to avoid getting dirt/debris in the muzzle when I sit down. What have you found that works best for you?

For these odd ball pistols, and I mean that in a nice way because there are just not that many of them made and holster companies are not going to tool up for that reason. You are probably going to have to have a custom holster made or make one yourself. The easiest make is from leather and it is pretty easy to do with just a few tools. Tandy Leather Co. will have what you need. I have made a few knife and gun holsters for myself. There are all sorts of YouTube videos on how to make holsters even out of thin wall PVC pipe material. I am sure that you can find some holster maker on the web that will make you what you want if you don't want to try yourself. Good luck.

For these odd ball pistols, and I mean that in a nice way because there are just not that many of them made and holster companies are not going to tool up for that reason. You are probably going to have to have a custom holster made or make one yourself. The easiest make is from leather and it is pretty easy to do with just a few tools. Tandy Leather Co. will have what you need. I have made a few knife and gun holsters for myself. There are all sorts of YouTube videos on how to make holsters even out of thin wall PVC pipe material. I am sure that you can find some holster maker on the web that will make you what you want if you don't want to try yourself. Good luck.
interesting. I never would have guessed.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to try a Dara holster for this one. I'll follow up with my impressions after I get it.

I'm looking for a holster for a G40 when I go hunting. I would like the bottom closed off, or nearly so, to avoid getting dirt/debris in the muzzle when I sit down. What have you found that works best for you?
Good luck with finding a holster for the G40, other than kydex holsters and all those that I found that would fit the gun didn't have an enclosed bottom. If you want to go leather holster you might want to look at the custom holster makers. I sold my G40 because I couldn't find the leather I wanted for it, plus it was a little too long for me to clear the average belt holsters that I could find for it. I have a G20 and a Bianci leather, lined, thrumbreak holster, but that does not have an enclosed muzzle end either. I "think" that there is a selection of dropped leg holsters that might serve your needs.

IMG_2432.JPG
I have two of the Diamond D holsters, probably wear the rig 150- days a year. Sorry I didn't see this post earlier.
I'm pretty sure all our guides use the diamond D rig.
My significant other, her boys both purchased the Kenai rig.
Mine is at least 15 years old and other then discoloration it's great. I wear mine a little off to the side because with my old eyes I need my hands right there tying on small flys.
I had one or two people still fishing while I'm retying that rod. They are watching the stream and the far bank for bears. I always turn my back to the stream while distracted to avoid being snuck up on. I take what I need out of my vest and go to work. Once I have what I need the fly box gets closed, set on the ground or back in my pocket, before I mend the equipment.
Keeps things from being dropped and spilled when a bear shows up.
I'm convinced bears have a sense of humor, love to wait until your tying a new blood knot to show up.

I use the Man Gear Alaska chest holster for my G40 and like it. And the Diamond D chest holster for my Super Redhawk. Both holsters let me keep my gun up out of the brush and water. I can also draw them with a backpack on I like that when in bear country. The Diamond D is very nice but around 75 dollars more then the Man Gear.

I just found "Diamond D Leather" products, wish I had found this site before I sold the G40. The Kenai chest holster looks like a viable option also.
I was a going to suggest Diamond D too. I know the owner very well. He understands your concerns. Call them. I'm a leather product maker for horse tack and the occasional holster for customers. When you build a product using Herman Oak 7-8 oz leather and line it with smooth leather and make it fit right I have to sell them for $175. Dave on the other hand has an amazing shop and is setup well to do the same work for a lot less than a custom leather maker. Crazy as it sounds he uses actual firearms to mold his holsters.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.