Hog experiment

This story is 3rd hand, but a relative owns/operates a gun shop here in Alaska.
A customer told the story of a black bear boar killed stone-cold dead with an errant shot to gonads.
The bear was in flight and as he squeezed the trigger, the boar happened to jump up over a downfallen tree trunk. The bear hit the ground flat out dead on the far side of the downfall. After skinning and field dressing, the guy claimed the bullet only took out the family jewels. Even I have some doubts, but the customer was no drug addict, and had a reputation for being credible.

I did not doubt the story, however, to the point of not wanting to know which bullet had been used... :D

Last edited:
It could happen!

I talked to another hunter at the local gun shop a short time ago. I know this guy and hunt moose and Sandhill cranes with him. He told me of a deer he shot in the nuts when he lived in Oregon. Dropped the deer right where the bullet struck it. Very little life after the deer dropped. The bullet also grazed the inner edge of one of the rear legs. He always conducts a thorough examination of the bullet or arrow path on every game animal after the kill.

So I now believe it possible, because this guy is no BS'r. Might fry the nervous system, all the way up into the brain? Severe shock? Or maybe the heart goes into abnormal arrhythmia? Mine skips a beat or two just thinking about it.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.