Hog attractant - strawberry delight

geo4061

I have tried every kind of commercial attractant I could find. Powders, Syrups, and strange mixtures you pour on trees, the ground, rocks, or corn. Nothing was any better than just straight corn feed on a regular basis. I had been told not to put anything new out right before you hunt as any change will spook the hogs. Strawberry Delight breaks all the rules. First off it works! We also put it out the day before the night hunt and it just keep working. It certainly did not spook'm. Anyway here's the recipe. You will need two five gallon buckets, corn, yeast, strawberry jello two packs, yeast two packs, and two, two liter Crush strawberry sodas. Pour corn filling one bucket about three fourths full. Then pour everything else in. Use the other bucket to mix back and forth until thoroughly mixed. Then mix once or twice a day. I let mine set for five cold days and nights. We need to experiment with the length of time depending on weather. My brothers dog loved this stuff so put it out of the way. Let's hear your success stories.

Last edited:
I've used 5 gallon water bottles with corn, yeast, beer, and kool aid packs to create a sour mash for hogs. I would leave them out for a few months before putting them out. It worked pretty well for me.

image.png Whole corn soak 3-4 days in water. Then grape coolaid to get them started.

Killed the left one tonight.

Check out the cedar thickets in the back ground. That is where they live. That is where you have to go if you are going to kill them. Plus they are very nocturnal. Note the thermal scope. The picture was taken at the bone yard. That is where the rancher wants us to put them.

I get 50lb bags of peanut past and will put that out along with soy beans and corn, they really like it. After the peanut harvest when they test samples they add milk and and few other things and turn it into a paste then after testing is done they will give it away to us. It's hard not to like, il even nibble on it as I'm putting it out. It taste like peanut butter cookie dough with condensed milk.
IMG_7171.PNG

My dad used to make something the family called bear juice. I guess because it attracted bears like magic but it reportedly worked on swine too. I never made the stuff, never really needed to. By the time I got hunting bears they were as thick as rats in the woods I hunted. Never had trouble finding one.

A 20 gallon tin wash basin, a 10lb bag of chopped up apples, a 10lbs bag of cut up potatoes, a couple gallons of sour milk or buttermilk, 2 #10 cans of creamed corn and a liter of corn liquor. Fill to the brim with water and wait for the stumbling.

John we tried that. It just did not have the great smell or drawing effect the Delight has. Now we didn't try putting some in a hole. That we will have to try next time. Anything to get them to hang around longer and your hole idea may do that.

I take a post hole digger and dig a hole as deep as the diggers will dig. Then fill with corn put in powdered strawberry koolaide with sugar, the old fashion kind and wash it down with a two liter bottle of soda, the cheapest sweetest you can find. I call it a pig bomb, they will dig a crater size hole to get to the bottom. It works great when taking the grandsons out hunting because they will stay and really work at the hole. Instead of just eating the corn under the feeder and leave. Works best in conjunction with a feeder because they are used to eating there.

I do not want hogs so I do not bait them, but I understand from the hog hunters around here that a 5 gal bucket of corn fermented with diesel then buried deep enough to have 2 ft of dirt on top works. A burlap bag soaked with burned motor oil wrapped around a tree and tied. The hogs will come a mile to it. The guys also use the corn and soda or old produce like apples or pears or old out of date candy. All needs to be buried.
Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.