Help! Where do you think this came from?

338weatherby

Opened my pelican case to put rifle in it and start packing for trip next week. I found this little screw sitting on top of the foam inside. Not in the bottom of the rifle cut out, the top where the top foam meets the main layer. I've checked the whole chassis and scope turrets. It seems too small to be anything subject to any force.

Last thing I want on my mind is worrying where the hell this thing fell off from! 😬

Any ideas? Can't imagine it would have came from trigger? Adjustment screws are all visible and this flush fitting screw doesn't seem to have anything to do with scope or rifle?

Attachments

• IMG_8713.jpeg
    IMG_8713.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8714.jpeg
    IMG_8714.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8716.jpeg
    IMG_8716.jpeg
    421.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8717.jpeg
    IMG_8717.jpeg
    435.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8715.jpeg
    IMG_8715.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 28
Opened my pelican case to put rifle in it and start packing for trip next week. I found this little screw sitting on top of the foam inside. Not in the bottom of the rifle cut out, the top where the top foam meets the main layer. I've checked the whole chassis and scope turrets. It seems too small to be anything subject to any force.

Last thing I want on my mind is worrying where the hell this thing fell off from! 😬

Any ideas? Can't imagine it would have came from trigger? Adjustment screws are all visible and this flush fitting screw doesn't seem to have anything to do with scope or rifle?
Could it possibly have come from the case?

Have you carried any pistols in there with a Holosun 507C? Looks like a battery tray screw. Maybe from a LRF?
Funny you bring that up. Even though last trip to the range with this case/rifle I didn't bring any, I checked my two reflex sights. This case is custom cut for this rifle. Nothing else goes in it except for ammo box, can, mags and night force tool. I have it open when at the range and place things on it at that time. So now I'm back tracking what I had with me. The Garmin Xero is fine, no missing screws. Bipod is good. I've checked everything I can think of. Maybe the guy next to me played a quick joke! I took the time with him to use the Xero but I was already packed up.

Recent Posts