HELP... Shots dropping off more than expected. Remington 700 .308 Hunting Rifle

The rings are fine, set your eye relief, check zero on bags or bipod and rear bag. See if scope is still functional. If its ok, reset you 100 or 200 yard zero. Go hunting. Don't over think this and worry yourself to making a bad move. Good luck, send us pictures.

I'm getting ready to head out to Nebraska in a month for Mule Deer and went to the range a few times this past week an noticed that when zeroed at 100yrd, I'm getting a 7.5" drop on 200yrd shots. This seems like much more than I should expect given my research. The gun is a Remington 700 .308. I am shooting Federal Fusion Soft Point 150 Gr. There was no wind, elevation 750 and temp of 55 degrees. Scope height is 2". I am not a beginner when it comes to hunting, but have not had the need to really dial in a rifle for longer distances until now. Any input would be appreciated. I am curious if copper fouling could have anything to do with this. Thanks in advance!
Gotta have chrono speeds and barrel length to determine the issue. Without them, you probably won't get a definitive answer. Fouling won't cause that much of a problem unless it's really really bad. It's also possible you got a low charged box of ammo. Have you tried different types of ammo?

Dead-Hold
So, let's say the rifle has a 24"-inch barrel and you are using a 150gr bullet with a velocity of 2900 fps, and you are zeroed at 100 yards, the velocity being 2669 fps. At 200 yards your drop should be right around -3.4"-inches (low) and the velocity should be 2450 fps Ok, on your rifle scope are you 1/8th 1/4th" or 1/2" adjustments in elevation? And what number of elevation clicks do you normally put on the scope for your 200 shot? I think I understand that you are just zeroing in at 100 yards and then shooting the 200-yard target is that right? In that case, it may be an ammo problem or a barrel problem. If you are doing any adjusting "elevation" then it's a scope problem.
I'd also dump the lead sled, it (rifle) needs a little free recoil. Personally, I think your scope is the problem, Oh... is your eye staying in the center of the fish bowl when you shoot? not drifting up and down in the ocular? And I assume you are adjusting your parallax (objective lens) for the 200-yard target distance, yes or no?
Well, it's just a thin stab at the described problem(s), the scope bite can be a problem, you might think about new rings and an upgrade in the scope. Good luck... Cheers

Update: I can confirm that the majority of my issues must be related to improper use of the sled. I went back to the range this weekend, after a very thorough cleaning, and the bullet drop improved drastically and grouping even improved. Cannot thank everyone here enough for their help and input! I am going to replace the scope and the rings. The scope replacement was an easy decision thanks to the warranty and I did some further research on the rings as well. Thanks again!!

How do I know if the scope is damaged or is this is just cosmetic?
The good news is that you bought a Vortex. If you call them they will get.right.on reviewing and either fixing, replacing or advising that your scope is fine. Don't hesitate sending it off. Be sure to tell them if you have a planned hunt coming up.