Hello everyone and thank you for welcoming me

Parlez-vous francais
Welcome to the LRH Forum from GA.

This is the BEST Forum on LR Hunting, Reloading and GS for information and discussion.

The most important part of this Forum are the people!!! A lot of GREAT members and a wealth of information. Can't meet a better bunch of Gals and Guys!!!!

We look forward to your participation and sharing your knowledge with the group.

If we can help in any way let us Gals and Guys know.

Len & Jill
Hi Lem and Jill

Yes, I speak French and a little English, but fortunately there are tools to understand each other.
Yes, it is a very enriching site, hence my choice to register in order to better know the world of long-distance hunting.

Hi Lem and Jill

Yes, I speak French and a little English, but fortunately there are tools to understand each other.
Yes, it is a very enriching site, hence my choice to register in order to better know the world of long-distance hunting.
Bonjour et bienvenue
Merci beaucoup joindre chasse a longue distance!
Len & Jill

Hello and welcome from Saskatchewan
hello Calvin45.

Thank's
I would like to have information on hunting and permits to hunt in your province, to know if it is complicated to hunt outside my province which is Quebec, and why not a day hunted together, who knows?.
send me a private message just in case. Thank you

Hi every one.
First of all excuse my English which is not great I use a translator, I am French, I am 59 years old and I am an independent carrier and I live in Canada, I have been browsing this site for a while and I like its diversity and varied content. So I decide to sign up and learn at the same time.
I just got a passion for long-range shooting, and I just acquired a Shepherd 338 lapua MAG from CADEX with a Steiner M5XI 5-25x56 and use HORNADY 270Gr ELD- (I'm waiting for your feedback on this choice).
My goal is to hunt big game with my tools and be ready, and not get into a grizzly bear and it hit its head with my scope :) (which is armored hence my choice).
I await your advice when I have perfected it.
I attach some pictures of my tools.
(precision, my rifle with 2 frames)
drc83
Nous aurions dû vous envoyer ceci dans votre langue, puisque vous venez de nous rejoindre

Bienvenue sur le Forum LRH de GA
Quel est votre nom ?
C'est le MEILLEUR forum pour discuter de la chasse, du rechargement et des armes à feu LR

La partie la plus importante de ce forum, ce sont les membres ! Nous avons de formidables membres et une mine d'informations On ne peut pas trouver un meilleur groupe de personnes !

Nous attendons avec impatience votre participation et le partage de vos connaissances avec le groupe

Si nous pouvons vous aider de quelque manière que ce soit, faites-le nous savoir
Vous avez de très beaux fusils

Len & Jill

hello Calvin45.

Thank's
I would like to have information on hunting and permits to hunt in your province, to know if it is complicated to hunt outside my province which is Quebec, and why not a day hunted together, who knows?.
send me a private message just in case. Thank you
I’ll admit I’m not fully up to speed on the laws surrounding non-Sask resident hunting regulations, but this link here from tourism Saskatchewan has some good information.

As best I can discern, out of province hunters can buy tags for whitetail, black bear, and moose in those wildlife management zones where over the counter moose licenses (as in not a big game draw) are issued.

Any big game hunting here for non-Canadian residents requires the hunter to be with an outfitter/licensed guide service. For Canadian residents who are nonetheless not from Saskatchewan, if I’ve read the regs correctly, a guide is not required for whitetail deer or black bear but are still required for moose. I do believe the non resident tags are a lot more expensive than the Sask resident ones, which just makes sense, I think most provinces and states are like that and for good reason.

Another useful piece of info for hunting in Saskatchewan pertains to caliber regulations. It used to always be that the letter of the law stated “.23 cal and larger” and the unspoken spirit of the law was that the .243 Winchester was the smallest sensible big game hunting cartridge.

That is no longer the case, and now a bunch of cartridges that used to be illegal for hunting are okay, and a bunch that used to be legal have been banned! Government nonsense mostly, whether conservative or liberal it seems they have a way of complicating what should be simple. Now there’s a whole bunch of cartridges banned by name, as well as any .17 or smaller cartridge, most pistol cartridges…but the .223 and .22-250 and such are fine…as is the .204 ruger!!!! It’s not banned by name and bigger than .17 so it’s legal. BUT, cartridges including the .357 magnum, .41 magnum, .44-40 Winchester, and .45 colt are forbidden for big game hunting now, even out of full length rifles with accompanying ballistics. It’s idiotic.

I could technically legally go hunting bears and moose with a .204 ruger but not with a .45 colt levergun loaded full house.

I’ll admit I’m not fully up to speed on the laws surrounding non-Sask resident hunting regulations, but this link here from tourism Saskatchewan has some good information.

As best I can discern, out of province hunters can buy tags for whitetail, black bear, and moose in those wildlife management zones where over the counter moose licenses (as in not a big game draw) are issued.

Any big game hunting here for non-Canadian residents requires the hunter to be with an outfitter/licensed guide service. For Canadian residents who are nonetheless not from Saskatchewan, if I’ve read the regs correctly, a guide is not required for whitetail deer or black bear but are still required for moose. I do believe the non resident tags are a lot more expensive than the Sask resident ones, which just makes sense, I think most provinces and states are like that and for good reason.

Another useful piece of info for hunting in Saskatchewan pertains to caliber regulations. It used to always be that the letter of the law stated “.23 cal and larger” and the unspoken spirit of the law was that the .243 Winchester was the smallest sensible big game hunting cartridge.

That is no longer the case, and now a bunch of cartridges that used to be illegal for hunting are okay, and a bunch that used to be legal have been banned! Government nonsense mostly, whether conservative or liberal it seems they have a way of complicating what should be simple. Now there’s a whole bunch of cartridges banned by name, as well as any .17 or smaller cartridge, most pistol cartridges…but the .223 and .22-250 and such are fine…as is the .204 ruger!!!! It’s not banned by name and bigger than .17 so it’s legal. BUT, cartridges including the .357 magnum, .41 magnum, .44-40 Winchester, and .45 colt are forbidden for big game hunting now, even out of full length rifles with accompanying ballistics. It’s idiotic.

I could technically legally go hunting bears and moose with a .204 ruger but not with a .45 colt levergun loaded full house.
Thank you for the info, I know that the federal government is walking on its head, they don't understand anything. I want to shoot a gun, buy a gun but I can't, I just have to use what's in the shooting clubs and I'm not interested.
so we're going to wait for Trudeau to be ejected.

I didn't know that you could hunt polar bears in your house.
for the moment I have 338 lapua and I'm waiting for my PRC 300 kit.

you talk to me about a random draw, which is like here in Quebec, but I'm not interested in that either. I want to hunt on the public and as far away as possible from the population. but not easy.

Last year my friend found himself with Indian drones that were following him and he neutralized them by shooting at them.

in short, complicated