Happyyyy

Mornistsrt

In January, 2015 I bought my first Tesla, a used 2014 M S. In September, 2019 ordered a new M S Raven. Somewhere along the way I wrote a poem about how the Tesla makes an old man smile.

MY TESLA TIME MACHINE

I'm old and slow but not my new S
It goes from zero to sixty pretty darn fast
The sixty for me makes this old man smile
I go from ninety one to thirty one in less than a mil​

This should have been posted in the Humor Section! 🤬

Yep, electric vehicles……..saving the planet.

The batteries are very difficult to recycle, and very little is recovered. The present mining practices create much greater ecological damage than the "greenies" will ever admit too, or know about. Then there is the difficulty in charging them in most rural areas. Also not considered, the billions of $ given to enemies of our nation…… All great reasons to support the movement toward "green" energy automobiles! 🤬🤬🤬🤬 memtb

In January, 2015 I bought my first Tesla, a used 2014 M S. In September, 2019 ordered a new M S Raven. Somewhere along the way I wrote a poem about how the Tesla makes an old man smile.

MY TESLA TIME MACHINE

I'm old and slow but not my new S
It goes from zero to sixty pretty darn fast
The sixty for me makes this old man smile
I go from ninety one to thirty one in less than a mil​
60 in a 65.
Is no where being alive
When I want to do 80
Get out of my way
If I need to choose between the Battery & gas
That battery can kiss my ***
For they never seem to last.

This should have been posted in the Humor Section! 🤬

Yep, electric vehicles……..saving the planet.

The batteries are very difficult to recycle, and very little is recovered. The present mining practices create much greater ecological damage than the "greenies" will ever admit too, or know about. Then there is the difficulty in charging them in most rural areas. Also not considered, the billions of $ given to enemies of our nation…… All great reasons to support the movement toward "green" energy automobiles! 🤬🤬🤬🤬 memtb
1000 gallons of diesel a day not counting all the water that gets used and polluted!! Nothing green about it! There like the cordless drills sitting in the garage because the batteries 💩 out. Hate them dam things . The only thing worse is the guy driving a prius at 52 going down the freeway so he gets his 52 miles to the gallon. I'd roll coal on them if my truck didn't have all the emissions junk on it.

I'll take the risk and be an outlier. Capitalism says more options are a good thing, let's people make their own choices. If EVs are a good choice for some people, that means the economics must work in some form. Or at least it would mean that if we kill all subsidies - we need to make EVs stand on their own and see if the math still works.

If someone wants to drive a super-expensive EV that cost more per mile to get all their feels, fine. Some people drive wildly expensive and inefficient gas cars and diesel trucks to get all their feels, too. For every Pruis being slow there's a someone in a Camaro SS who thinks he's Dale Earnhart wasting gas to race between stop lights, or a diesel toy truck jacked up so high it can't tow anything. I'm not going to tell the muscle heads they can't have their toys, so why can't the EV weenies have their toys too? They're all equally foolish to me, but I won't judge any of them.

The real problems come when forcing them on people in places they don't work. I honestly don't think city dwellers understand how BIG the middle of this country is. I was talking to a guy from NYC once and explained that between Encinal and Freer you can drive 45 miles and not see anything other than three ranch gates. You might not even see another vehicle on the road out there. That's roughly the same distance between Baltimore and Washington DC, which has millions of people packed into it. I tried multiple ways to put it in context - the entire length of Long Island and never see another person, Central Park entirely empty, the start of every post-apocalypse movie ever and that creepy alone feeling the movie tries to give people. Nothing really seems to express how empty a lot of this country is, and until you've been in the middle of pasture listening to coyotes screaming you'll never fully understand why your short hairs stand up in the dark. The most "nature" a lot of these people get are curated parks, and that's sad for them. They just flat don't understand what I'm talking about when I say there's no where for an EV to charge, that there's real risk in being stuck somewhere with no help, that there's not a feasible way to put enough batteries into something to get me between places.

I'm more than happy to leave the EV people alone and let them do what they want in their places, but I expect them to leave me alone when I tell them it flat won't work for me. The car guys leave me alone because they're smart enough to know a Corvette can't tow a trailer, the EV people need to start using their brain stems a little more and be less preachy.

I would love to see a diesel-electric hybrid truck. Electric motors like on some of the big busses, 1500 lb-ft of instant torque, just enough battery capacity to buffer demand so the engine can run at it's most efficient point constantly, and a 3-banger diesel with a 50 gallon tank for a 1,000+ mile range. I think Ram is somewhat close to the concept. Trains have used it for a long time. Ain't no way an electric motor can be more unreliable than a Ford real axle or a Ram transmission. Anything mechanical can leave you stuck.

I have three diesel trucks, a gas truck, and a bunch of diesel and gas equipment. None of it can be replaced by any type of EV in existence. Doesn't mean someone can't try though.

The freedom for them to try something new is just as important as my freedom to not use an EV.

Last edited:
1650986922457.jpg

I took a battery enduro motorcycle for a ride a few years back. And was quite impressed with it. But it definitely was not made for long hauls. Yes you could carry a extra battery. Which extended your mileage but it wouldn't work out for some, as was previously mentioned in this thread.