Hammer HHT tip installation

Don't be basic šŸ¤£

The best way to sharpen a pencil is to mount it in a cordless drill and set it to the lowest speed possible, just crawling slow. Season it with various savoury herbs and spices. Place it over a termite mound at a slight angle, so the tip is pointing downward a little.

You have now created a rotisserie style feast for the happy little termites to eat, as it slowly spins they will munch away at the wood, moreso from the tip as it's closer to them, remember the angleā€¦.this will create the perfect "naturally optimized" tip for your previously blunt pencil.

But they don't eat graphite or lead. I asked.

So once the wood is properly sharpened in this, the only correct way, you'll want to use a progression of ever finer grit waterstones to get that perfect "scary sharp" tip. Unfortunately this will result in moisture ruining the pencil if not mitigated, so it is absolutely critical that as soon as your done with the stones you steal your wife's hair dryer and fully dry the pencil before spraying the thing with lacquer or some kind of water proof resin. Don't overdo the coating however as it can introduce a degree of tacky, sticky, gumminess to the pencil lead that may provide a less pleasurable and effective overall writing experience (assuming you actually plan to write with the thing and not have it as a showpiece or conversation starter. If this is one of those "safe Queen" number 2 B type of pencils, spray away!!!!

Finishing touches involve checking the tip for imbalance using a concentricity gauge before using a nice leather strop to get that shiny mirror finish on your scary sharp pencil. You should see your reflection in it. If writing in the noonday sun you shouldn't be able to look at the **** thing, it'll be so blindingly radiant with all the reflected glory of the life giving star we orbit.

@Gingerman, this whole train of thought is entirely your fault. You brought up the pencil! šŸ¤£
I just love you Bro! :cool:

...because I'm weird, but you are soooo much weirder than me, and takes the heat off me every once in a while.... šŸ˜† šŸ˜†

Last edited:
Some of the tips are a little out of shape so they may looked damaged. If you damage a tip with a rubber mallet, you are hitting the the bottom of the bullet way too hard. It doesn't take a lot of muscle to get the tip seated.
I just lightly tap on the copper tip seater and check to see if they are fully seated.

I was getting 2850 with ejector smears, popped primer, and home-made-sin looking brass. 18" AR10. It runs 120 HH like a champ though at 2950
I hit slight pressure using 45.5 of Acc. 2495 at 3140. Backed off to 45.0 . Still at 3100 fps but no pressure. Only had slight bolt lift at 45.5. No ejector marks . I pushed the 120s to 3200 , But I've got a 24 inch barrel.

Hit the range yesterday to try out the new 6.5mm 125 grain Hammer HHT in my 6.5 CM. Used the same exact load as I was using in the same gun with the 124 grain Hammer Hunters. I usually shot .5" and sometimes under groups with the 124 HH. The 125 HHTs are definitely showing some promises.

Also funny that Hammer bullets took a page out of the Tom Sawyer book when the character convinced his friends to paint the fence (i.e. install your own bullet tips) because it was fun and actually paid Tom Sawyer to do so. Well played Hammer Bullets, well played.

Sako A7 6.5 Creemoor with Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x 50mm

Lapua Brass
Federal Large Rifle Match primers
125 grain Hammer HHT
45.0 grains StaBall
2.800" OAL
4 shots (used a LabRadar for velocities)
2,920 FPS
2,923 FPS
2,910 FPS
2,924 FPS

G
Hit the range yesterday to try out the new 6.5mm 125 grain Hammer HHT in my 6.5 CM. Used the same exact load as I was using in the same gun with the 124 grain Hammer Hunters. I usually shot .5" and sometimes under groups with the 124 HH. The 125 HHTs are definitely showing some promises.

Also funny that Hammer bullets took a page out of the Tom Sawyer book when the character convinced his friends to paint the fence (i.e. install your own bullet tips) because it was fun and actually paid Tom Sawyer to do so. Well played Hammer Bullets, well played.

Sako A7 6.5 Creemoor with Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x 50mm

Lapua Brass
Federal Large Rifle Match primers
125 grain Hammer HHT
45.0 grains StaBall
2.800" OAL
4 shots (used a LabRadar for velocities)
2,920 FPS
2,923 FPS
2,910 FPS
2,924 FPS

Good shooting , that aught to be a heck of a game load