Hammer HHT tip installation

stovepipe

Hey guy's piddling around as usual and discovered an easy way to install tips in the new hammer HHT, works much better that using a hammer, thought it might be helpful to someone, best wishes to you all
20230603_183318.jpg

I'm trying to load more pics ...slow internet, chuck a flat bolt in a drill press and clamp the tip holder in the press vice, sit the tip in put the bullet over the tip and lower your ram. Works great

I'm thinking about Channelock pliers. Right size should have plenty of leverage. Am I missing something?
BigDon, your not missing anything you can do it that way.. it's just easier for me to use the press it's smooth and I didn't deform any of the tips like I did with a rubber hammer, I just thought it might help someone out

WOW, this looks like a lot of Work.
Are you all getting these at like 50% off.
A average cost of 125.00 per box and you have to install tips with a vise and drill press ?? I must be missing something. 🤑
It is a technique I guess. Much more involved than needed. I put the copper anvil on a bench and a couple soft taps with a nylon hammer and had 200 knocked out without much fuss. I suppose we could try to complicate pencil sharpening too. :)

It is a technique I guess. Much more involved than needed. I put the copper anvil on a bench and a couple soft taps with a nylon hammer and had 200 knocked out without much fuss. I suppose we could try to complicate pencil sharpening too. :)

Don't you do that with a lathe???

Or you do the old school way and use an Uncle Henry....

Recent Posts