Hammer bullets

Reports require fast twist for hammer bullets. Caution reads: Be sure twist is fast enough. So I guess I have to sell my rifles to use Hammer bullets. Ie. Sell 3006 in 10" and buy 9" twist. Really?
Run the 124s at 3500 in that ole ought 6, it'll change your life. 😉

Edit to add, that's a conservative number.

You can run a heavier mono in 1:10 if the bullet is short and stubby. But that's not the way to go for ranges past about 400 yards. Long range monos need to be long and sleek. Like the now defunct Badlands or Apex outdoors: https://www.apex-outdoors.com/product-page/308-153-gr-afterburner

Their 153 has a G7 BC of 0.257 and runs in a 10 twist.

Or the 154 Hammer with G7 BC of 0.221: https://hammerbullets.com/product/308-cal-154gr-hammer-hht/

Those are better bullets for a 10 twist than some stubby 180 grain. The 153-4 monos are enough bullet for anything in north America.

Reports require fast twist for hammer bullets. Caution reads: Be sure twist is fast enough. So I guess I have to sell my rifles to use Hammer bullets. Ie. Sell 3006 in 10" and buy 9" twist. Really?
Reports nothing. If you don't understand stability, start reading on what effects it and why. Then start picking bullets to reload with.

Not mad. Just trying to grasp it. But why the caution saying faster twist required if conventional works also? So far sticking with Barnes. And I am not using Hammers if they are saying it won't work. Just saying
I'not sure where you came into a conversation at, but definitely under a misconception. to get the most out of any bullet it has to be properly stabilized. There is even a 199 that works in a 10.5 twist. Not my first choice in the .30-06, but its there.

Here, is a source for stability calculations https://jbmballistics.com/. Other manufacturers list minimum lengths/weights/twist, Berger etc. We have observed more than a few barrels that are not as marked. Mono's per weight are longer, and dependent on what you've been using its possible its possible to not have full stability in flight or terminally. Barnes isn't an exception (if your happy and you know it OK), but a basic understanding of this aspect will be useful to you.

If you've seen some of us talking fast twist/high velocity its about pushing a particular envelope, not necessarily what can be done under normal circumstances. Some of which is about finding the limits of things.

Call the shop is the easy button.
Best Wishes!

Not mad. Just trying to grasp it. But why the caution saying faster twist required if conventional works also? So far sticking with Barnes. And I am not using Hammers if they are saying it won't work. Just saying
Where did you read that Hammer said their bullets wont work in your 10 twist -06? The caution your hearing has nothing to do with conventional bullets. You have a 10 twist, find a Hammer that works or use a conventional bullet. They sell a 163gn that will work in your 10 twist.

It seems like you might be missing some basic information. The length of the bullet (not the weight) and the RPM are what determine stability in a particular atmosphere. A copper bullet will be longer and less theoretically stable than a lead bullet of the same weight. A sleek copper bullet with a long hollow point will be even longer and even less stable. So yeah, a normal weight copper bullet that's stretched out might not be stable enough for straight penetration when it hits an animal.

An alternative is to be like barnes and give no specifics and no guidance and just let people draw their own conclusions and do their own terminal research. And keep impacts above 2200fps.

Your main argument is that a company being honest about optimum performance is alarming to you. Not many cures for that kind of thinking.