• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Halos is a Theif

I ONLY buy from members with a good seller history and fairly well-known here.

Never had an issue.
To be fair, I've sold quite a few things on here and while I've never had a complaint only, and maybe person has ever left a review for seller history for me.

On the other end, for honest newcomers, they have to start somewhere…

I am sorry for your loss. There are some very good suggestions on this thread. I came to this site to learn and enjoy the information sharing from like minded people. I have bought and sold some items here, but only from well known members for the most part. I have been tempted many times by things that pop up. I guess I am too cautious as I have missed out on many things that I wanted (need rarely has a place in my decision making).

PP Goods and Services is the only way to go with people you haven't dealt with before. Fully insured for the 2.9% charge. Cheap insurance.

You can do yourselves and other unsuspecting buyers a favor by leaving negative feedback noting he or she is a scammed with the phone number they used. I just did the same.

Every post they posted on and every comment they made is suspect. It is very unfortunate you were taken by them.

Purchase by credit card is proving to be reasonably safe, again. Purchased an item on eBay from a seller with 6,300 eBay transactions. They sent me arrows, but no inserts for the arrows. Their auction clearly stated inserts included, and included a picture of the inserts.

I messaged the seller and get no response. Elevated the issue through the eBay dispute resolution process. EBay closes the case in favor of the seller, because the seller provided USPS tracking information that a package had been delivered to my address. The package could have been an empty box and fleaBay would have closed the case in favor of the seller. Seller had 6,300 historical transactions. I have ~300. FleaBay sides with the party which makes them the most money.

So I contacted my credit card company. Been a card holder with them for 32 years. They must value my business more than FleaBay. They've started a process to refund the payment to my CC account. Only had to do this 2 other times over the past 32 years. I'd guess my CC company tracks and considers my record of disputing purchases, in order to identify and weed out abusive card holders.

This is why I dont use paypal f and f. You have no recourse. I just pay the pp fees and at least you have a shot with PP getting your money back.
If you use PP to purchase guns or gun related stuff, your odds of them helping to recover your money diminish greatly if you've been scammed. Probably the same with Venmo.

My suggestion is to talk to the person on the phone.
That, and if you're still not positive, make them prove they are legit. If they are new members with no seller history they'd better be ok with that or no deal.

Sucks that we have to worry about lowlife scum like that on here, but there is no getting away from it.
It's like dog poop. It's EVERYWHERE!

Last edited:
I wish people were more honest I really do. Most folks on here are good on their word but every now and again you may get a bad egg I guess. Hope it works out for you.