H4350 Most Versatile Powder?

Which powder do you consider the most versatile?

Is it H4350??

I load 9 different cartridges with H4350. They may not be "the best load" in all of my cartridges...But, It somehow holds the edge for accuracy and consistency across a wide range of cartridges for me... although not always the best in velocity, it's usually not far off.

Although I do have a lot of different powders...That is a convenience for me in a powder stash.

What are your thoughts?????

Just curious...
I like retumbo it will shoot in just about everything

I have a jug of H4350 on the way. I'm going to replace my RL17 loads with it - or sell it if it doesn't perform as desired. With RL17 my 257 Ackley shoots .1's, it's a shame it's so temp sensitive. I hunt in -10 to 105 dgree weather extremes, but prefer a nice 58 - 62 degree day, which never happens when I'm out chasing game. 🤷‍♂️

Varget and H4350 are just useless and overhyped. Too expensive as well. Temperature sensitive too. Work up a good load at 60 deg F, summer rolls around at 100 F and youll be blanking primers, might have to hammer open the bolt.

And once you get bolt open youll find you shot clear over the target. Wintertime comes around and youll be lucky to even get them to light. Or if they do the bullet will probably just barely clear the barrel.

Theyre slow too. Get 30-30 performance out of a 30-06. 308 might as well be 7.62x39.

Did i mention inaccurate? Barely hit the broad side of a barn.. while standing on the inside.

Anyways, if any of you have been suckered into investing into these no good powders, PM me for my address so u can send them to me for safe disposal (down the barrel of my 308 at 43 gr varget behind 175 sierra tmk or 57 gr H4350 w 30-06 AI w sierra 175 tmk... w fed 210M and lapua cases those are "the loads" for my setups and thats all i shoot out of them, year round, all weather, all ranges).

Did i mention they are corrosive? Make pyrodex look like hoppes #9. Eat all the rifling out of the barrel. Real short shelf life until they go like battery acid and start eating the cases too. Gotta get rid of those ASAP. 8 lb sealed jugs are the worst too, send them first :)
had a good laugh ,after I figured out the dry humor 🤣 😅 😂!
A really excellent all around powder for many so many hunting loads. I have used IMR 4350 in 270 Win and 30 -06 , as well as 270 Weather mag and 300 Weath. Mag. I could not load my hunting rifles with out 4350 and H 48931( SC) .
I use 4350 in my big boomers, 416, RUM, 458, LOTT. 500 JEFFREY, 505 GIBBS, 550 MAG, 577 TREX, 600 OK, 700 AHR CANT HARDLY OVERLOAD!

Varget and H4350 are just useless and overhyped. Too expensive as well. Temperature sensitive too. Work up a good load at 60 deg F, summer rolls around at 100 F and youll be blanking primers, might have to hammer open the bolt.

And once you get bolt open youll find you shot clear over the target. Wintertime comes around and youll be lucky to even get them to light. Or if they do the bullet will probably just barely clear the barrel.

Theyre slow too. Get 30-30 performance out of a 30-06. 308 might as well be 7.62x39.

Did i mention inaccurate? Barely hit the broad side of a barn.. while standing on the inside.

Anyways, if any of you have been suckered into investing into these no good powders, PM me for my address so u can send them to me for safe disposal (down the barrel of my 308 at 43 gr varget behind 175 sierra tmk or 57 gr H4350 w 30-06 AI w sierra 175 tmk... w fed 210M and lapua cases those are "the loads" for my setups and thats all i shoot out of them, year round, all weather, all ranges).

Did i mention they are corrosive? Make pyrodex look like hoppes #9. Eat all the rifling out of the barrel. Real short shelf life until they go like battery acid and start eating the cases too. Gotta get rid of those ASAP. 8 lb sealed jugs are the worst too, send them first :)
Looks like I've made a bad decision buying that 8lb jug. I'll call UPS and ask them to deliver it to your house. Thanks goodness for the generosity and wisdom of strangers now fast becoming family. Keep your fingers and eyes crossed until it arrives.

I'll call my CPA to ensure I get a tax deduction for this, and let the bank know that I'm gonna pay off that loan just as soon as I can! 🪤

Looks like I've made a bad decision buying that 8lb jug. I'll call UPS and ask them to deliver it to your house. Thanks goodness for the generosity and wisdom of strangers now fast becoming family. Keep your fingers and eyes crossed until it arrives.

I'll call my CPA to ensure I get a tax deduction for this, and let the bank know that I'm gonna pay off that loan just as soon as I can! 🪤

image.jpg

I think you need to do some more reading on H powders. Especialy H-4350 comes in as one of the lease sensitive powders on the market. See attached chart on temp sensitive powders.

Attachments

• 2-.HODGDON_EXTR PDER INFO_ FEB-24.pdf
    223.7 KB · Views: 35