Group get together (hunts)

I can find places for about anything.What would you like to chase ? Let me know, on a side note I just got back from a 23 day adventure some in Montana some in Texas.I leave on December 26 to continue this years hunts. I dont know what next year will bring with a new job and what not but will figure it out as I go.

After a little thought I have an idea.While in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming several people I know expressed a want to hunt pigs in Texas. I know a place where we could put together a mixer of sorts and still hunt as a group in east Texas for pigs if anyone is interested let me know. This is not a free hunt but it provides a good opportunity at a low cost, with lodging and food.

Anybody else working on points to hunt a good Wyoming elk unit? I only have 3 but want to hunt there when I have a few more points. Also have 6 ? Maybe 5 antelope points if anyone is looking to do antelope in a few years. All my buddies have bailed
I have 8 or 9 elk points for WYOMING but was planning for a guide cause I am in Florida with little experience or equipment.
May save them and try Montana

Thanks

Buck

After a little thought I have an idea.While in Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming several people I know expressed a want to hunt pigs in Texas. I know a place where we could put together a mixer of sorts and still hunt as a group in east Texas for pigs if anyone is interested let me know. This is not a free hunt but it provides a good opportunity at a low cost, with lodging and food.
Line it up sounds like we would have several interested if dates can line up

Thanks

Buck

Sounds like it could definitely be a good time. I plan to hopefully be very busy next year, due to a horrible year here with a lot of cancelled hunts and trips and a great AZ Mule Deer tag I had to surrender as well.

We've got 11 points for Wyoming Antelope and plan on for sure hunting in 2021. Plan on hunting New Mexico for Coues Whitetail muzzleloader. I have 20 points for AZ Antelope, 12 points for AZ Elk, and 7 points for AZ deer, been waiting a long time for that AZ Antelope hunt and hope this is the year! I'm sure we'll get a few tags here in AZ and will take priority over everything else. If we have extra time we were going to try to get to Idaho for deer and bear.

Provided we come up empty and vacation time left we could check back in later next year. Thanks for starting this thread!

Last edited:
Pigs in texas , OTC barbary in NM, OTC tags in wyoming or Montana. I'm based in NM willing to take a long drive.
I'd be up for TX pigs! I have an ax to grind with the hogs since we came up empty handed when we when to Quanah on our first hunt, but it was a great time. This is a great thread since it's been just me and the lady and a group would do well out there.

I appreciate everyone volunteering their information and assistance. It has long been my wife's desire to hunt pigs. She doesn't care where we go. We are avid hunters, but we just lack a location. We are fine with a hotel room or tent camping on the hunting grounds, if allowed. Thank you all for your support. I'll keep an eye on this post.

I have some friends and coworkers who are wanting to try a public land Mule deer hunt. No real preference on state, however OTC rifle hunt is preferred. I've hunted elk DIY with a bow several times in CO with good success rates and LOVE it. I live in South MS. Avid whitetail and turkey hunter. We also hunt and trap pigs as much as possible.
BTW this is my first post and am excited to learn more here.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.