Group get together (hunts)

4 weeks of vacation time and wife thinks going hunting is a vacation. I am a blessed man for sure. Willing to travel to

Thanks

Buck
@Recon$$ @XSIVSPD @elk guide 45

Elk, bear, antelope, pigs and Aoudad just about anything different or in a different state or areas. Want to try elk next year but could easily be persuaded elsewhere if some of us can get together. Got about a month left to apply for elk tags in Wyoming. So talk me out of it. What we gonna do

I can't really offer much for guiding up here, but I do have a 4wheeler (and hopefully a 2nd one by next season) as well as a river boat that I'd be glad to use to help anyone that might come this way. And I can at least point you to places to go or guides to use. I've got plenty of camping/backpacking gear to outfit 2 or 3 other people too.

I'd have to talk to my wife, but we usually have an empty spare bedroom.

I don't think it's super expensive for out of state hunts up here, and the draw permit applications closed on the 15th, but I think there are harvest ticket and registration hunts that non residents can do.

Last edited:
@Recon$$ @XSIVSPD @elk guide 45

Elk, bear, antelope, pigs and Aoudad just about anything different or in a different state or areas. Want to try elk next year but could easily be persuaded elsewhere if some of us can get together. Got about a month left to apply for elk tags in Wyoming. So talk me out of it. What we gonna do

Unfortunately I've got a lot of non hunting trips planned for next year so I can't really commit to anything this far in advance 😕

I'd really like to get down to Wyoming or Idaho for elk and down to south Texas for nalgai. I just don't think I'll have time next year

Unfortunately I've got a lot of non hunting trips planned for next year so I can't really commit to anything this far in advance 😕

I'd really like to get down to Wyoming or Idaho for elk and down to south Texas for nalgai. I just don't think I'll have time next year

No problem we all have that. We are just trying to meet up for hunts together. It just gives us LRH guys opportunities to meet up and hunt together. Some may be looking for someone to go on a particular hunt with. My buddy backed out of elk hunt for next year. Like another posted friends and hunting buddy schedule don't always match up with ours

Thanks

Buck

Anybody else working on points to hunt a good Wyoming elk unit? I only have 3 but want to hunt there when I have a few more points. Also have 6 ? Maybe 5 antelope points if anyone is looking to do antelope in a few years. All my buddies have bailed

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.