Good buy on 55 gr BTHP

budlight

I went through 300 55 gr HP's in the first day at the end of may in Wyoming PD shooting. I had only taken 300 hp's and 300 SP's and didn't every think before driving to Rock Spring that i would end up running out so fast. My 20 SS inch barrel loading with 27.6 gr. of CFE gets them chronoed right at 3300 fps. So it pops them pretty good. Just driving the 2 track roads and shooting out the windows with large pillows draped over the open windows. My buddy was missing more than me and he went through 500 rounds the first day. With the wind and not idea rests I might do 4 out of 4 and then take 3 shots to get one. I had 4 lined up out at 150 yards and got 3 and had to finish of a 4th. Like pig hunting I always try for two for one bullet! :)

But anyway I was using these Blems for cheap shooting. I called and asked about them and they were blems for appearance only. They just look like they sat and the copper faded like all older copper does. They had a 10% off deal going so I bought 1250 for something like $168 delivered

I couldn't find out the BC of these bullets, but with the small HP and BT design it might be ok for a 224 as a varmintor.

I just loaded another few hundred this morning. Got to be ready too go!

20240726_103317.jpg

20240726_103423.jpg

Last edited:
to me they look like berger or nosler as neither have much to not any boat-tail of 55's for varmints

to me they look like berger or nosler as neither have much to not any boat-tail of 55's for varmints

What ever they are sure pop some critters. I saw some parts flying really high in the air. I was actually online looking for something differrent like some 50 grain HP. I wanted to test and see if going faster would work better than 55 gr at 3300. in the past i tested my 62 HPBT's and they were not explosive especially way out there.