Getting ready to setup to reload and need some advice

At this point you have probably had hundreds of post. I have some of everything. If I was doing it over again I would just go green. RCBS and readding. I have had issue with hornady shell holders not being the same thickness on each side. Best bet is buy a RCBS rock crusher kit probably can get them at Wally now I think that is the ones I seen there. You will need a brass trimmer. Spend the extra and get at least a hand turn that acts like a mini lathe. Doing it with the Lee trimmer u use with your hands can get hand cramps doing like 50 plus pieces of brass. I can go on on but I'm sure there are plenty of good post already. Also start with someone that is already doing in or there are plenty of good vids on the process.

Over the past 50 years, I've collect several different brands…..all perform the task. I have a couple of sets, that are likely older than I am!

If you're looking at more precise/advanced hand loading….. spend a bit extra for some of those listed for the advanced loader looking for the better die performance……something like Mike M mentioned! JMO memtb

Does it matter which brand of dies a person uses? Going to start reloading for a 270 WSM.
I started out with Lee Dies, when I first started reloading my 300 win mag, served me well until the full length sizing die went ca-chunk, since then have purchased, Redding and Forster for other calibers, and RCBS match set for the 300 win mag and 7 PRC. I still run the Lee dies for my handguns and my .223, and Lee factory crimps on all of my rifles that require it. I should mention for about 20 years just had a 300 win mag.

I prefer Redding due to their quality of machining, It's a local company producing items made in the USA. They support the IBS (International Benchrest Assoc.). I have 28 sets of dies, most Redding and RCBS, a Whidden for a Wildcat custom chamber, a Hornady for a 6mm Beggs, Lee dies for pistol/revolver cartridges and obsolete military rounds - where only function matters , not accuracy. For SRBR and a few favorite hunting rounds I use bushing dies and seat bullets with Wilson In-line seater dies and a small arbor press. All rifle rounds ar full length sized - never partial sized. I got rid of all my neck sizers when I got into Benchrest Comp.

It is interesting to me that the advice in the 80's was that neck sizing was for comp shooting only. If you hunted with that round you needed to full length size the hunting cases to be sure that each round would chamber every time. I even knew of guys who shot their hunting rifles in our local club's Elk Rifle bench rest class, and they had two sets of cases for the rifle. Those for hunting were FL sized and those for the comps were neck sized.
Seems like in the time between then and now that got reversed and now neck sizing is slowly dying off as a "must do for X use".

If you read most current reloading manuals they will still claim Benchrest competitors rely on neck-sized cases for best accuracy. I started SRBR competition in 2001 and every one Full Length sized their cases. The transition came around 1990 when shooters finally realized that 1/ fighting bolt closure on a loaded round disturbed the rifle in the bags that resulted in errant shots and 2/ shooting in the extreme upper limit of the load window was what was winning matches. You can't subject neck-sized cases to hot loads without fighting to close and or open the bolt. Add to this the increased availability of specialty dies ( bushing, small base) and custom dies that offer a more precise control on sizing over the old "it's either FL or NS" off the shelf die choice.

Does it matter which brand of dies a person uses? Going to start reloading for a 270 WSM.
As you can tell, we all have varying types of dies and preferences throughout the years. I have Redding, RCBS, Weatherby, Lyman, Lee, Hornady, Whidden, Forster, custom-made by my gunsmith, etc. Do not overcomplicate it unnecessarily; pick one and enjoy the learning process. Believe me, this is not going to be your last die.