Getting ready to setup to reload and need some advice

My favorite dies are Redding. I have a machinist background and you can see where the extra cost came from. Second on my list is RCBS, I've had great service from them. Forester and bonanza (not sure if they still make dies). Last on my list are Lee, they cost less,have less warranty, but seem to work.

I've used Lee, RCBS, Forrester, and Redding so far. The Redding Competition Bushing die set is nice, but at over 4 times the cost when including the bushings I am not sure they are worth it.
It depends on where you are at with reloading. I would now that the bushing die are on the market, I would purchase them to start with. Because you might want to cut your necks for thickness to even out the neck thickness. Also want set neck tension too. If you have a regular set of die that can't be done. Bushing die do cost more, but in the long run, you are not having to buy additional sizing dies. You need a set of caliper to measure your case anyway, probably the first thing. That will help in getting the correct bushing (s) to start with. How is this done? Measure your bullet, measure the thickness of the neck on the case x 2. Add those two numbers together. Now you want to subtract .001 up to .003 to set neck tension. Let say it's .243 bullet, and the neck thickness is .018" x 2 = .036". now add the two numbers together for ending up to .279" O.D.. Now for neck tension say .002"-.279=.277 I.D. bushing needed. Now if you cut your necks that changes, and a smaller bushing is needed. I cut my necks to .013" thickness x 2 =0.269" -.002=.267 bushing I.D.
You can look at Ebay for some items, and possible save some money at the same time. it also depends on how deep your pockets are. Hopefully that help and explain why the bushing die. Buy once not 2 or 3 times.
I think I got my math right? Somebody will tell me for sure.😁