Geez I hate these things

This is from last night. Going to put some Tannerite out on a stump and have a few bags of corn around it. My cameras have the ability to live feed so we can go and get into position. This way will get more than just using rifles!;)

1729600843506.png

That looks like a "target rich environment"! And some of those look pretty darn healthy. That's a lot of bacon around that feeder! 😁

Are they strictly nocturnal…..in that night scopes would be required to hunt? 🤔 memtb

You can never get rid of them by hunting alone. Need a good trap.
Don't think trapping and hunting will get rid of them either.

Nuclear holocaust?
Maybe! 😉

I have never heard of a "game" animal with a "hunting season" ever becoming extinct!
In Oklahoma, the season runs from Jan 1 through Dec 31.
Hunting hours are 12:01AM until 11:59PM
No daily limit.
No bag limit.
No size limit.
No sex limit.
Baiting legal.
Electronic calls legal.
Trapping legal.
Method of take: no mortars, no field artillery, no tanks and no RPG's! All other methods legal.
Rifles, shotguns, pistols, revolvers and archery equipment.....all legal!
Laser guided missiles if you can afford them!

You'd think with hunting regs like that, these Okie "rednecks" would polish them off pretty quick.
About 2 weeks ago, had a sounder of about 40 run across one of my pastures!

Your not ever going to get rid of them. The best you can hope to do is control the numbers some. One of those big remote controlled circle traps paired with a cell came works good.

Your not ever going to get rid of them. The best you can hope to do is control the numbers some. One of those big remote controlled circle traps paired with a cell came works good.
Fellow set one up on the property where I hunt. He caught quite a few. There are still lot'sa hogs in that bottom!

NOTE: IF you decide to trap hogs, only use traps with a "deer excluder"!
Sights like this upset me!
20231104_120041.jpg

He's an eleven point. What you don't see is his lower lip.
He has charged and run his nose through the cattle panel trap until he has ripped his lower lip and chin back about two or three inches!
It wasn't my trap or my property.
I notified the land owner in hopes I'd be told to release him.
Nope!
Their daughter and her boyfriend wanted to take photos of him, then release him!
I just had to drive off!