Gas

Ohio i $3.39 reg, $4.19 premium and $5.25 at the marina-89octane, no alcohol.

GasBuddy.com is good for national prices as well as trip planning, complete with fuel stops.
My early fall Wyoming trip is getting close. Gas averaging 3.50-3.60 all the way out at this point. I believe it's going to start back up before I depart. Just hoping it stays below 4.00 a gallon thru the trip. 4000 Mile trip won't be cheap either way with a 14 mpg truck. Plans started when gas prices were 1.89 per gallon. Boy what a difference today.

My early fall Wyoming trip is getting close. Gas averaging 3.50-3.60 all the way out at this point. I believe it's going to start back up before I depart. Just hoping it stays below 4.00 a gallon thru the trip. 4000 Mile trip won't be cheap either way with a 14 mpg truck. Plans started when gas prices were 1.89 per gallon. Boy what a difference today.
$1.89? The last time the average national price was that low was like one month in 2020 and 2016. Prior to that you gotta stretch back to 2008!

syO9XUC.png

Talk about long term planning! 🤣

$1.89? The last time the average national price was that low was like one month in 2020 and 2016. Prior to that you gotta stretch back to 2008!

syO9XUC.png

I really don't think 2020 was long term planning? I have planned elk hunts 3 years ahead of time.
I'm confused because you show us a graph with gas under $2 in 2020 and then make a comment about "long term planning 🤣" ?
And gas was $4.27 per gallon the other day here in western Pa and that ain't even the high point of your silly chart.

I really don't think 2020 was long term planning? I have planned elk hunts 3 years ahead of time.
I'm confused because you show us a graph with gas under $2 in 2020 and then make a comment about "long term planning 🤣" ?
And gas was $4.27 per gallon the other day here in western Pa and that ain't even the high point of your silly chart.
Charts are BS. Mid Michigan had gas at 1.79 at many stations in 2020. I never saw it that low as I paid low as 1.89. Granted it was only for half a dozen fill ups BUT it was moving down, not up. That WAS the trend. My trip plans started when that gas price was 1.89. That was in roughly late 2020. Hard to make concrete plans for a hunt until you know your drawing tags. Two years out, we knew we'd get tags for the area we wanted based on points.

syO9XUC.png

Gas prices averaged 3.50 in 2008. They never dropped below 2.00 a gallon on average. When you post a chart, learn how to read it. 😂

It's light hearted! Sorry if it was taken the wrong way.

I use the EIA data to help small business owners understand the difference between fixed and variable costs and the volatility of commodity prices, especially those in industries that are fuel heavy. It helps them plan for the unforeseen.

Your delusion is astonishing !!! Maybe you'd better check the petroleum industry itself.. they've made a killing on a crock of bull---- Funny oil on the market never went above $120 but there profits equaled $200 a barrel prices...open the books and the only good thing is at least they'll pay 15% this time..

Here you go! Now give us your financial analysis. I will be waiting on the edge of my seat.

Here you go! Now give us your financial analysis. I will be waiting on the edge of my seat.

This is a little more clear

From what I've read oil companies profits are up mainly because they've slowed new development. They want to recapture that investment. I also read a refinery that was knocked off line May never come back on line.

Last year marked turning point where EV sales were 10% of the global market share, with some analysis showing their total sales double every other year.

So why would a company invest in petroleum exploration or refineries when your market share is getting eaten? That's just my take. It's going to be an interesting ride….

From what I've read oil companies profits are up mainly because they've slowed new development. They want to recapture that investment. I also read a refinery that was knocked off line May never come back on line.

Last year marked turning point where EV sales were 10% of the global market share, with some analysis showing their total sales double every other year.

So why would a company invest in petroleum exploration or refineries when your market share is getting eaten? That's just my take. It's going to be an interesting ride….
If you look at what I attached in my post above their net margin (gross margin - operating expenses) they are not making any unusual profits. In fact in 2013 their profits were higher. Also look at 2020 and 2021 profits. Over that two year period their net income was almost zero. Bottom line companies don't exist without profit unless they are propped up by the government.

Recent Posts