Gaiters

If you have a lot of brush, its dewey in the morning.And snow a must.Kuiu are nice and OR are real similar.Ive worn out many.If you get hot later in day just throw them on pack. I think they help with small creek crossings too. If I have my axis on or a water proof bottom Ive just duck taped bottom to my boot usually works, if I forget or dry type snow ,quick and easy

Light stream crossings are actually way drier than common sense would think.
Keep ticks and thorns out in warm weather.
Like adding extra wool socks like crazy Aunt Marie made all the way to the knee when cold!
Kuiu bombproof little noisy.
Kennetrek nice and quiet may not wear as well as some of the above.

Decided not to hassle putting them on one morning in an early fall elk hunt…water wicked up my pants and transferred down my socks…had to wring my socks out from moisture-no rain/snow, just dew from tall grass. Also on drier hunts, keeps thorns and cat's claw from snagging laces and pant bottoms.

Started wearing them a few years ago to keep dirt and trash out of my boots and keep water off pants and boot tops. Invariably in my hunting I would step into an unseen hole and pants get pulled above boots and dirt would fall into them or most times here in PNW is damp in mornings on everything. Helps not having to wear raingear until absolutely necessary. Plus lower pants legs don't catch on everything and get shredded

I tend to wear fairly light weight hikers (uninsulated) quite a bit even into November and it seems like when I wear gaiters it's keeps my feet a fair bit warmer.

I've worn out 2 pair on Kenetreks, now onto some OR's. Both work well

I've wore out a few pairs of OR. Gritted my teeth several years ago and bought a set of kuiu gators to try. Highly recommend…… hate to admit they're better. :)

YES OR
IMG_1267.JPG

Recent Posts