FoxPro Inferno Help

Jpistolero02

I recently bought a FoxPro Inferno to try my hand at varmint hunting. I was disappointed with my first outing because the remote range stinks. I watched a video where a guy had the thing like 200 yards from him. I can't get it more than 20 yards before it stops responding. I tried fresh batteries and the same thing. Any ideas or should I try sending it back?

I recently bought a FoxPro Inferno to try my hand at varmint hunting. I was disappointed with my first outing because the remote range stinks. I watched a video where a guy had the thing like 200 yards from him. I can't get it more than 20 yards before it stops responding. I tried fresh batteries and the same thing. Any ideas or should I try sending it back?
Are you burying the call in sage brush or grass or is it sitting on top? I don't have that model, but if my fusion isn't on top of the sage brush my range shrinks significantly.

I would recommend the same thing. If I am calling in grassy flatland I don't have near the range. I called in a fox this evening and I was about a 100 yds from my call sitting above it on a cliff and had the call sitting on the top of a large rock above any vegetation.

I had it sitting out in the open on top of a rock. I was slightly elevated above the call. Also, if I put the call on Vol Squeaks it sounds all broken up. The other calls seem to be clear.

I had some weird issues with my inferno when I first got it, then I called Foxpro customer service and they walked me through how to update the software on the remote. That fixed all of my issues and it was pretty easy to do if I remember correctly.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.