Foxpro Inc Inferno INF1 questions

pikeman

Looking for reviews on this caller. Is it a decent entry level caller? Is it waterproof and does it hold up in cold weather? Thanks.

While I don't personally own an Inferno; I do own a Shockwave and the original Xr-6. I have had issues with both callers; but the reason I will never buy anything but a Foxpro is there customer service. I had to send one caller in after 4 years of use when I started having issues. They completely rebuilt the caller without any questions and shipped back to me free of charge. Recently, my new shockwave was having some sound issues. They told me to ship it back and received it 10 days later. Turns out that the memory card was defective, causing the sounds to skip. Again, free of charge and no questions asked. I think any electronic product offered today can likely have issues down the road. A company that stands behind there product is very hard to find in today's world. The inferno comes with a 3 year warranty; which is good for a $200 caller. One thing that is a must with these callers is the Nimh batteries. The cold weather doesn't affect them. You will have issues with alkaline batteries in the cold; trust me. The other thing to consider is how far you need the sound to travel. The 4 battery units have there limits on volume, but will fine for most situations. When you step up the 8 and 10 battery units, your volume is much greater and enables you to call farther in the wind. This looks like a good unit for the price though. Good luck.

Thanks for the info dan25. I did purchase one and it should be here friday, but won't get to test it out as I have to work this weekend. But maybe I will give it a try at work, we have seen foxes here, if not I won't get to test it out until the next weekend.

Good luck. Make sure you take a shotgun and a rifle if your going for fox. Sometimes they run you over and can't get on them quick enough with the rifle. Let me know how the caller works.

I have an Inferno. As long as you use quality rechargeable batteries, as was already mentioned, you shouldn't have much trouble. The caller is not waterproof, but will hold up well unless it's a heavy down pour. It has decent volume and if you have a good fox population, and the wind isn't howling, calling in fox should be pretty easy. In cold weather with fully charged batteries it will be fine. In my opinion it's the best $200.00 caller you can buy in that price range. I also love it's light weight and compact size. It fits easily in my day pack and I keep it with me all through bug game season. You never know when you might find a perfect calling spot.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.