Follow-Up on Thursday’s Wyoming Bear Attack

That 329pd may be nice and light to carry, but using it may make you invent a few new words. 🤪But you gotta do what you gotta do.
I ended up selling mine eventually! It was lovely to pack but I don't live in bear country, and it wasn't worth it. Any issue in the woods where I am is likely going to be cause by a pack of yotes or a methhead, so I just carry a 9mm with hardcast and call it good.

I ended up selling mine eventually! It was lovely to pack but I don't live in bear country, and it wasn't worth it. Any issue in the woods where I am is likely going to be cause by a pack of yotes or a methhead, so I just carry a 9mm with hardcast and call it good.
Never seen a 4 legged methhead. Sounds like a new breed of animal. Do they smell? Easy to field dress? How big are they? Do they squeal when you shoot em? Can ya eat em? Decent wall trophy? Rug?

I have had two revolvers jam on me. Both S&W, a model 29 and a model 19. There was no fixing them in the field. The side plates had to be removed and a small piece of Lint taken out. My colt gold cup has never jammed in thousands of rounds, nor have any of my Glocks or Shadow Systems handguns. Generally, you can clear a semi auto malfunction, when a revolver jams, you are done.

I have had two revolvers jam on me. Both S&W, a model 29 and a model 19. There was no fixing them in the field. The side plates had to be removed and a small piece of Lint taken out. My colt gold cup has never jammed in thousands of rounds, nor have any of my Glocks or Shadow Systems handguns. Generally, you can clear a semi auto malfunction, when a revolver jams, you are done.
This is something folks overlook. Revolvers are not infallible, and when they go down, you're not fixing it in a hurry. Autos can almost always be cleared and put back into service in a moment.

This is something folks overlook. Revolvers are not infallible, and when they go down, you're not fixing it in a hurry. Autos can almost always be cleared and put back into service in a moment.
No matter what your choice of sidearm, a jammed gun is nothing more than a rock. Generally speaking, more parts means more probable failures. However, no firearm is infallible. It's made, used, and maintained by human beings with all their faults. Any gun thats not maintained in good condition will eventually cause problems. Revolvers can and do malfunction as do semi autos. The OP in the beginning of this thread tried using a semi auto at point blank range. And tried firing it as was pressed against its skull. It has already been discussed here, that can push the slide out of battery. A revolver wont do that. You might have one or possibly two shots at a charging bear at close range. Whatever sidearm chosen, caliber choice must be considered to be effective at protecting you against whatever dangerous game you may encounter. The whole point here was to discuss limiting all possible issues to the least possible negative outcome. And saving your bacon at the same time. Personally, I carry my 45 auto most of the time, except when in dangerous game country. Then I carry my 357 or 44 mag. If that won't work, that's my epitaph. Oh well.....