First Elk - Arlington, WY

Funny you say that... when the guide & I got to the bull, he said " do you know what the best thing is" ...... I said " you are happy to be done w/ me?" he laughed & said " no we can get the truck right to him! ". Gutted him, winched him right into pickup!
Congrats.
Did the elk die on a two track or did the guide go cross country to retrieve him?

Went on my first Elk hunt with Tyler Sims Outfitters in Arlington, WY. Had an awesome guide named Aaron, who put up w/ my slow, gasping ways as we hiked. Saw a ton of Elk every day, but on day four in a fog, got 383 yards away from a big herd. I got this bull @ 383 yards with my 8mm Remington Magnum. Made a good first shot and he ran in a semi-circle about 30 yards and hit him again. Bullet was Sierra 220 grain Gameking going about 2300 fps on impact; weighed 158.6 grains for 72 % retention weight.

Thanks again to all the staff at Tyler Sims Outfitters!! Great group to hunt with!!

View attachment 611259
Great bull..... great gun and ammo performance....

Went on my first Elk hunt with Tyler Sims Outfitters in Arlington, WY. Had an awesome guide named Aaron, who put up w/ my slow, gasping ways as we hiked. Saw a ton of Elk every day, but on day four in a fog, got 383 yards away from a big herd. I got this bull @ 383 yards with my 8mm Remington Magnum. Made a good first shot and he ran in a semi-circle about 30 yards and hit him again. Bullet was Sierra 220 grain Gameking going about 2300 fps on impact; weighed 158.6 grains for 72 % retention weight.

Thanks again to all the staff at Tyler Sims Outfitters!! Great group to hunt with!!

View attachment 611259
I already have a 378 and a 338-378 Weatherby. Don't really need an 8mm magnum, but I do want a 257 Weatherby mag. Why? I just want one! Congratulations on a beautiful bull-and so close to a road!

Recent Posts