Fierce rifles?

I think threads like this bring out more negatives than positives, unfortunately. But it sure sucks reading these negatives... I have a CT Rage 7mm PRC that's very accurate and very reliable. The CT Rival 22CM is a new addition and haven't made it to the range with it yet...

My stepson bought a carbon rival in 7prc a couple years back and doesn't shoot any factory ammo worth a crap 1.5-2" ant best. I told him to order some dies and we could try to work up a load for it but he has yet to do that so idk it is possible to make one shoot or not. I tried to get him to just save a little more money and have my smith build exactly what he wanted but he's not one to wait on anything and had just got his first adult job and the money was burning a hole in his pocket.
same issue with mine - hated factory ammo. Have you found the lands? Turned out the lands were so far forward it just wouldn't shoot anything unless I seated or way out. If your's has the same problem, might be an indication it's time to get those dies.

I think threads like this bring out more negatives than positives, unfortunately. But it sure sucks reading these negatives... I have a CT Rage 7mm PRC that's very accurate and very reliable. The CT Rival 22CM is a new addition and haven't made it to the range with it yet...
I agree. I have a Fury in 6.5 x 284 and it shoots lights out with the reloads. I have never tried factory ammo in it. The deer and antelope in Montana hate it as do the plains game in South Africa. It seems every time it goes boom one of their brethren die. There are good and bad in all makes and models. Sometimes you get the peanut and sometimes you get the shell.

I think threads like this bring out more negatives than positives, unfortunately. But it sure sucks reading these negatives... I have a CT Rage 7mm PRC that's very accurate and very reliable. The CT Rival 22CM is a new addition and haven't made it to the range with it yet.
And yet, you don't see all that many of them in the PX. I like mine, and trust it now that I know what I'm working with. Other folks must like theirs as well.

Nobody has answered my question yet. Do any of these higher-end retail rifle shops out there (Christiansen, Sako, Proof, whatever) really take the same amount of time and care in assembly that someone would spend on their own build? I don't have any of those other high-end guns, so it's a genuine question.

Engineering and parts quality aside- Seems like Fierce has the same challenge other factories have. If you want to make any profit, you need mid-level gunsmiths assembling rifles with a moderate amount of speed. Assembling a gun to spec is pretty quick, but it's not a particularly high bar, so you'll get some lemons. Does Sako, Proof, etc really have that much better of a process, and never has rifles sent back?

My assumption is that a custom build is just going to be better than anything else, both because you can set your own tolerances, and because you can "feel" things out as you go. if you know how and have the time to do it. But then, maybe Sako, Proof, etc owners would disagree.

The question may not be "is fierce any good" maybe instead it's "are $3-4K rifles assembled in a factory a passing fad?

And yet, you don't see all that many of them in the PX. I like mine, and trust it now that I know what I'm working with. Other folks must like theirs as well.

Nobody has answered my question yet. Do any of these higher-end retail rifle shops out there (Christiansen, Sako, Proof, whatever) really take the same amount of time and care in assembly that someone would spend on their own build? I don't have any of those other high-end guns, so it's a genuine question.

Engineering and parts quality aside- Seems like Fierce has the same challenge other factories have. If you want to make any profit, you need mid-level gunsmiths assembling rifles with a moderate amount of speed. Assembling a gun to spec is pretty quick, but it's not a particularly high bar, so you'll get some lemons. Does Sako, Proof, etc really have that much better of a process, and never has rifles sent back?

My assumption is that a custom build is just going to be better than anything else, both because you can set your own tolerances, and because you can "feel" things out as you go. if you know how and have the time to do it. But then, maybe Sako, Proof, etc owners would disagree.

The question may not be "is fierce any good" maybe instead it's "are $3-4K rifles assembled in a factory a passing fad?
To answer your question, high end production rifles will never touch quality custom smithing. They just won't. They are also not a passing fad, since folks keep buying them. Some companies, like seekins, have figured out how to assembly line a quality high end gun for a reasonable (comparatively) price. Christensen and Fierce have not figured that out, and at this rate I'm not sure they are going to. But they have a cool factor to them that helps them sell, and folks will still buy in hopes they get a good one.