Favorite shotgun

Favorite all time is Grandpa's Belgium Browning A5. Grandma bought it for him as a wedding present in the 50's and I never saw him shoulder another shotgun afield. He used to make fun of our 3&1/2" guns saying to my cousin and I, "if you can't hit it with 2&3/4 get out of the blind."
Mine has to be my Benelli Nova cause it was the first gun I ever bought myself. It has been all over Missouri and up to pheasant fields in South Dakota. And it was the last shotgun my best friend and I shot 5 stand with before he passed. M2's, SBE's, 870's, 1100's and SKB's are all great and some in the stable or saved for my kids but they don't have the memories of that Browning or my Nova.
2 the Plug, my Mossberg 500 12ga pump has been in Missouri also and in 4 weeks will be in pheasant fields in South Dakota opening weekend.
I shoot ATA at Boaco's in Lancaster Mo.

A.H. Fox A-Grade Philadelphia gun, 20 gauge. It is a wand, and points where I look.

The AH Fox's were outstanding shotguns! I have a BE Grade made in Philadelphia(1915)…It's a great upland gun.
A46F71DC-1991-4270-81AA-0DE1EA247C6A.jpeg

2 the Plug, my Mossberg 500 12ga pump has been in Missouri also and in 4 weeks will be in pheasant fields in South Dakota opening weekend.
I shoot ATA at Boaco's in Lancaster Mo.
Awesome! I'm Boone County near Columbia, MO for fur. Anyone that will take me duck or goose hunting I'll jump in. In SD we stayed at the Oacoma HOJO and hunted with Schindlers in Reliance, SD! Some great times and since I had the pump and no plug rules they always put me on the wing for our drives… it might be how I got my handle… and some sore shoulders!
That final round of 5 stand was at BlackHawk Valley Hunting Club in Moscow Mills, Mr Palmer runs a fine place there, great if you're training dogs or shooting clays!

One Christmas, I said to my daughter, "take your pick of my shotguns." She chose the Light 12. Ugh, my favorite -- I figured she'd take the Beretta 391.
With that one gone, my favorite is the Stevens 311 SxS 16 gauge. Simple, fast, accurate. I'll take it this October & November for chukar, quail and grouse.
Stevens 311 SXS, M/F 16 gauge. Double trigger. My first gun, 1957 or `58. Simple and safe were REAL important to my father for a kid`s first gun.

Awesome! I'm Boone County near Columbia, MO for fur. Anyone that will take me duck or goose hunting I'll jump in. In SD we stayed at the Oacoma HOJO and hunted with Schindlers in Reliance, SD! Some great times and since I had the pump and no plug rules they always put me on the wing for our drives… it might be how I got my handle… and some sore shoulders!
That final round of 5 stand was at BlackHawk Valley Hunting Club in Moscow Mills, Mr Palmer runs a fine place there, great if you're training dogs or shooting clays!
I have been hunting with Trent and family for the last 12 years opening weekend! Brother-in law Jerry was our guide! He retired 2 years ago!! Heard of BlackHawk but haven't been down yet!

I have been hunting with Trent and family for the last 12 years opening weekend! Brother-in law Jerry was our guide! He retired 2 years ago!! Heard of BlackHawk but haven't been down yet!
We were certainly there together then from 2014-2017, I hope to get back soon.
Trent and his wife run an amazing operation!

I need to make a correction to my earlier post (#123) in reference to my Tristar Viper G2 Pro in 28 gauge. My mind was wandering between my two most recent shotguns when I wrote the post. The Tristar Viper G2 shotguns are NOT Benelli clones using an inertia drive system. They are standard gas operated systems in the Tristars. I was thinking of my 12 gauge which is a Girsan MC312. It IS a Benelli clone and uses the inertia drive operating system. They are also a fantastic value at around 1/4 the price of a Benelli. The MC312 has been extremely reliable for me using shells as light as 2-3/4" 1oz dove loads through heavy 3-1/2" 2-1/4oz turkey loads and everything in between.

I need to make a correction to my earlier post (#123) in reference to my Tristar Viper G2 Pro in 28 gauge. My mind was wandering between my two most recent shotguns when I wrote the post. The Tristar Viper G2 shotguns are NOT Benelli clones using an inertia drive system. They are standard gas operated systems in the Tristars. I was thinking of my 12 gauge which is a Girsan MC312. It IS a Benelli clone and uses the inertia drive operating system. They are also a fantastic value at around 1/4 the price of a Benelli. The MC312 has been extremely reliable for me using shells as light as 2-3/4" 1oz dove loads through heavy 3-1/2" 2-1/4oz turkey loads and everything in between.
I love it when we have too many shotguns if this is possible. lol