Fattest Hog To Date

Zen Archery

IMG_2868.jpeg

That's 2-1/2" at the thinnest point mid-section backstraps and 3" of solid fat by the shoulder. Yes, the belly fat (BACON) was pulled.
We believe this sow found a combine or some food source that was keeping her well fed.
It's just now getting cold enough in S. Texas for these hogs to build up fat. But this is not natural.

She dropped at 135 yards from a 20" 243Win, 87AH at 3430 FPS. DRT. Will post video later.

I hope the audio captures the bullet "thud" hitting this fat sow!

View attachment 529582
That's 2-1/2" at the thinnest point mid-section backstraps and 3" of solid fat by the shoulder. Yes, the belly fat (BACON) was pulled.
We believe this sow found a combine or some food source that was keeping her well fed.
It's just now getting cold enough in S. Texas for these hogs to build up fat. But this is not natural.

She dropped at 135 yards from a 20" 243Win, 87AH at 3430 FPS. DRT. Will post video later.

That sow WAS the combine. Big acorn crop, protein pellets, corn? Looks like she found a grain bin and got locked inside.

View attachment 529582

That is a good eating pig right there

Got one that had a ton of fat on her several years ago after a bumper acorn crop. There was enough fat for bacon, but she definitely did not have this much! She was producing piglets, as well. Tastiest pig I've ever killed and she was huge. I agree something must have been going on here with OP's having a supplemental food supply.

Got one that had a ton of fat on her several years ago after a bumper acorn crop. There was enough fat for bacon, but she definitely did not have this much! She was producing piglets, as well. Tastiest pig I've ever killed and she was huge. I agree something must have been going on here with OP's having a supplemental food supply.
The fat ones are really good eating