Father Daughter hunt

Congratulations to you both. My daughter harvested her first deer at age 7. She has 2 kids of her own now but we still go whitetail hunting a minimum of one evening during our rifle season. This season her 5 year old tagged along.
Some of our best talks growing up, especially the serious ones around the age your daughter is now, took place in a blind or over lunch in the woods. I'll admit some subject matter made me cringe inside, but I am so glad she was comfortable talking to me about those things. I am so proud of her and the mother she is today and that is in no small part due to our hunting together.
Here she is teaching her little ones safety and shooting basics with a daisy red ryder bb gun. I wish the same for you in the all too near future.

Attachments

• 20231118_143428.jpg
    20231118_143428.jpg
    926.5 KB · Views: 71
Unfortunately, I don't have any kids but then I make sure that I'm not at home on father's day either lol.

The gentleman who taught me how to reload... I can't say hunt because he could call animals beautifully but he couldn't wait 5 minutes for them to come to him. Anyways his 2 daughters at about age 5 would demand (not ask lol) to go with their dad hunting. They would have their sleeping bags in the back of his old blazer. Generally they didn't go walking (they would curl up in their sleeping bag) but along for the cruise. The one time he didn't realize that the one kid hadn't even changed out of her pajamas. She had grabbed her boots and jumped into the truck (it had been idling to warm up) and into the sleeping bag and he knew she was there... BUT... he had no idea that she literally jumped out of bed and jumped into the truck because she was so excited to go hunting with daddy!!! That daughter got razzed for years about hunting in her PJs. And when she thought that the chocolate covered ExLax in the fridge freezer was "chocolate" She was partially right and she will never forget that evening in the washroom either lol. Oh my God... did her parents razz her about that FOR YEARS!!!!

Look forward to Wyoming every year for our father daughter trip. We have access to some private. This season she went up to a 6.5cm from her 243 and made a great shot on her best one so far , this is her 3rd antelope. She will be off to college next year , hope she makes time for me. Get your daughters out there , the time spent is priceless

View attachment 517338
View attachment 517339

View attachment 517341
Congrats to both her and you

If you don't have kids to hunt with, you should make the effort to hunt with some younger guys or gals. I'm lucky, I started 33 years ago hunting with a second cousin. He's 20 years younger. Now that I'm 70, I'm very thankful to have a younger guy along on a hunt.

I met a guy at the range who's hunting partner had died, so he quit hunting. I invited him on a dove hunt and and elk hunt, and he had a great time.

I generally go on a few hunts every year to help younger guys get an animal. I enjoy it, and it helps keep the hunting tradition alive.

I have some granddaugters that just turned 4, so hopefully we'll have some more hunters in the family.