Fast twist 22-250

8 tw 26" Proof in 22-250 shooting 68 gr match at 3350.

For anything much heavier I prefer the 6 Creedmore. Shoots 100 gr at over 3300 fps

Attachments

• IMG_4578.jpeg
    IMG_4578.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I've had 22-250's in various configurations for 30+ years. About 7-8 yrs ago I started the 22 CM deal with a used custom build from Horizon (22" barrel) and hornady brass. Switched to Alpha brass and had another custom rifle built (24") more of a comp rifle. Decided to replace my 22-250's and built a 16" savage truck gun and bought a bunch of Starline 6cm brass. Later I bought a Horizon vandal 18" and that's really the only rifle I shoot anymore. Been too hot and I've been to busy to do a lot of shooting

Thanks for all the info guy's! That makes a lot of sense with the brass availability. I think if I want to aim for the 90grains to start I think I should maybe consider going the 22CM route to get good velocity in a hunting length barrel. I really do love the Lapua small rifle primer brass in my 6CM! That 6 CM with the 115gn Berger hunting bullets absolutely flattens white tails, but I don't really like hauling around my 16 pound PRS rig in area's I can't even see 250 yards.
Now that both my boys and my wife are hunting every rifle season I get downgraded to whatever rifle is leftover- I don't have much faith in the AR for killing deer- the 338 and 7mm are too much gun ECT...

Thanks for all the info guy's! That makes a lot of sense with the brass availability. I think if I want to aim for the 90grains to start I think I should maybe consider going the 22CM route to get good velocity in a hunting length barrel. I really do love the Lapua small rifle primer brass in my 6CM! That 6 CM with the 115gn Berger hunting bullets absolutely flattens white tails, but I don't really like hauling around my 16 pound PRS rig in area's I can't even see 250 yards.
Now that both my boys and my wife are hunting every rifle season I get downgraded to whatever rifle is leftover- I don't have much faith in the AR for killing deer- the 338 and 7mm are too much gun ECT...
Go 22CM. I've been shooting deer with 90 gr jlk. I shoot high shoulder and they are off like a switch.

Have you ever considered a 243 Win with an 8 twist? 95 and 105 VLD's work well for the distances you're looking at. It can also serve as a varmint gun. Lapua brass too.
Or, build another 6 creed in a lighter weight. You already have dies and brass. You're also already familiar with the ballistics.

Last edited: