Erik Cortina is going to do the Backfire challenge

Oh there are a few on here that are fool enough to even criticize Erik. They are perfect when they are typing on that keyboard. But they won't dare make their own videos. Just like they criticized Jim. These videos are going to be awesome, informative, and entertaining! Can't wait.
It is funny to see how many people point out they are making money from this...duh!!!!!
I think it is pretty cool he is willing to attempt the challenge. I appreciate the good shooters and competitors making instructional videos. Most all of us wouldn't do this public as it is a recipe for failure if you think you will hit them all. I have been shooting my whole life and know for a fact I couldn't do it. Would be fun tho. Maybe just maybe we should spend more time enjoying our sport instead of ragging on others who are enjoying it. Good day friends!
Agreed! If somebody else here can do better, I'd like to see them come up with one for all of us to enjoy.

A hunting challenge with a 20lbs competition rifle in a chassis and probably chambered in some sort of comp round too. That's not much of a challenge. Most top level PRS shooters could do that with their rigs.

Do it with an actual hunting rifle, something that you'd shoot in a NRL Hunter light class and would actually be something you would carry hunting.

A hunting challenge with a 20lbs competition rifle in a chassis and probably chambered in some sort of comp round too. That's not much of a challenge. Most top level PRS shooters could do that with their rigs.

Do it with an actual hunting rifle, something that you'd shoot in a NRL Hunter light class and would actually be something you would carry hunting.
But who is shooting 100 rounds at a single animal in that short amount of time. If we go for realistic, no more than 5 shots getting progressively farther away.

Agreed! If somebody else here can do better, I'd like to see them come up with one for all of us to enjoy.
Pretty much what we've been doing here anyways with real game. Or we could make it a ten day challenge. All coldbore shots on the honor system. Separate days or at least several hours to ensure a true coldbore shot. Report misses. Steel targets say 8-10 inch diameter. If you hit live game coldbore that counts.

But who is shooting 100 rounds at a single animal in that short amount of time. If we go for realistic, no more than 5 shots getting progressively farther away.

Uhhh... the whole point of this is to mimic shots on vital size targets at many different distances and angles, he's not laying down and putting a 100 round group on a single target LOL.

Target weight rifles are significantly easier to shoot accurately than a lighter rifle that you would actually take on a hunt and to me that makes this totally irrelevant.

Uhhh... the whole point of this is to mimic shots on vital size targets at many different distances and angles, he's not laying down and putting a 100 round group on a single target LOL.

Target weight rifles are significantly easier to shoot accurately than a lighter rifle that you would actually take on a hunt and to me that makes this totally irrelevant.
I think you missed what I was getting at, you don't take 100 shots on game in such a short time frame as how he set up this challenge. How many years would it take to harvest 100 antelope?

Who is anyone to say what IS or IS NOT a hunting rifle.
I'll say what I said in the last post regarding this challenge.
I'd be willing to bet my LIGHTEST rifle is 14lbs and my heaviest is around 22 lbs.

I hunt with them all, by definition, that makes them all hunting rifles.

A hunting challenge where you artificially limit equipment is just as stupid as limiting weight. I have a bipod, tripod and pack on 100% of my hunting trips. If you need to get off the ground in order to see the shot...it's very easy to deploy the bipod, and use the tripod for a rear rest and/or the bag for support.
Hell. Take an MDT Triple pull, with your tripod and you can essentially take prone shots standing up.

According to the video, he hasn't decided which rifle he was going to use yet, but it looks like he might be using an Aero Solus "hunting"rifle for the challenge - not far off from what many of us might use for LRH (probably on the heavy side.) I hope that he chooses that one and not a PRS rig.

Couple things about EC.....his wife doesn't shoot, but his daughter does and she's good.

Trust me he doesn't "need the clicks" he is a VERY successful business man.

I try to be realistic about shooting and I'm very aware of his skill set and where it's at....I say 90-95% is a safe number with the platform he's using on milk jugs in decent conditions.

Who is anyone to say what IS or IS NOT a hunting rifle.
I'll say what I said in the last post regarding this challenge.
I'd be willing to bet my LIGHTEST rifle is 14lbs and my heaviest is around 22 lbs.

I hunt with them all, by definition, that makes them all hunting rifles.

A hunting challenge where you artificially limit equipment is just as stupid as limiting weight. I have a bipod, tripod and pack on 100% of my hunting trips. If you need to get off the ground in order to see the shot...it's very easy to deploy the bipod, and use the tripod for a rear rest and/or the bag for support.
Hell. Take an MDT Triple pull, with your tripod and you can essentially take prone shots standing up.

Cool story. I hunted with most of my AI's but I wouldn't call them hunting rifles.

Also at least one state has a maximum weight of what a hunting rifle can weigh (Idaho at 16lbs), so….

Pretty much what we've been doing here anyways with real game. Or we could make it a ten day challenge. All coldbore shots on the honor system. Separate days or at least several hours to ensure a true coldbore shot. Report misses. Steel targets say 8-10 inch diameter. If you hit live game coldbore that counts.
I have not seen those videos shared here yet.

I have not seen those videos shared here yet.
There have been pictures. Videos those guys are doing are for their business, monetized. Pictures/ reports on here have been for either bragging rights, or to help educate people on what to do.

Recent Posts