Elk Hunting last week

BrentM

Here are few from my archery hunt. I filled up to 32 gb of SD.

Attachments

• IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 130
Saw this guys tracks and asked my wife if she wanted to track a moose down. She is a such a trooper.

Attachments

• Moose.jpg
    Moose.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 136
How was bugling, we raised a few in MT,but overall slow. I have hunted pan handle area before

Calling has been ok. Not great. Called in another 7 bulls this week. Went to a new area to film and wound up calling a bit too.

This is one of the elk called in this week. The hanging branches saved this bulls hide.

Attachments

• Marc Hunt elk.jpg
    Marc Hunt elk.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 110
Great pics Brent. Why don't you long range those puppies with your bow? By the way, I tore my rotator cuff in early May, tried to rehab without surgery, didn't work. Soooo, I am going to have to pass on hunting with that awesome 6.5 I got from you this year. Surgery in Oct or Nov. Will know next week. I thought about shooting left handed, but I didn't want to show off if you know what I mean.

Chris:)

I think I would rather shoot opposite hand vs missing a season! Glad you still have the 6.5 and like the results. I kept my other 6.5 and rebarreled with schneider in 28.5". I took my old barrel and put it on another action and it still shoots decent with 1700 rounds.

I am just the opposite with a bow regarding range. The closer the better is always my goal. I really just enjoy hunting and being active with the process. Last week one of the bulls I was filming charged in and went by me less than 10 feet. At first I thought he was going to kill us. It was crazy.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.