Elephant hunting rifle, bullets and scope ?

Classic doubles gun big bore and a red dot . Your shooting up close and personal.
My buddy has a 416 bolt action and I found it was less recoil than expected. He also bought a 458 Lott I haven't shot it yet. Know idea why he got them we don't have any elephant in Arizona.

We're overrun with them up here 🙀…..let me know when he's ready to sell that Lott!😜

Several years ago, I shot a 416 Rigby in a #1 Ruger……a " pussycat" to shoot! memtb

Nothing like a double rifle--for mortals 450/400--if you want to hammer them 470 or 500 are quite the stopper.

I have used a 416 Rigby a bit on stuff like Buffalo and giraffes--I imagine it would do equally well on elephants

My 375 RUM worked well, along with my 450/400--brain shot --it all looks effective

Ed

Would you recommend a 22 Short……baby elephants aren't very tall! 😜 memtb
Because it't foolish to start with. Just how many people are really going to hunt elephants. You need a super deep pocket, even far greater than purchasing top of the line reload equipments. It's not a rabbit hole, but a cave, biggest enough to drive a truck in.
Your flight and stay plus shipping charges. You are looking at $60,000.00 +. That including travel. Just how many do you think can afford that.
The trip I took to Africa in 2018 I think cost me somewhere around $15,000.00 including mounts and shipping fees.

Gamehead, FMJ or other to shoot elephants ?

If gamehead such as Lapua .338lm
is used to shoot elephants
what difference in aiming is needeed
if the rifle such as Sako85 Long Range
is set up/adjusted to hit targets with
normal bullet heads such as FMJ ?

Can one adjust/program Terminator III
Laserscope in field to take into account
the bullet head and if, how easy/practical
would it be ?

Note:

Everything in elephant hunting is set to be