Elephant hunting rifle, bullets and scope ?

I don't have a burning desire to hunt elephant. I'm going to hunt elephant next September. Botswana has an over population problem with elephants. As it sits now they could take 2000 a year and it would not be enough to stabilize the growth of the population.

Tino at Trophy Game Safari go to setup is a 416 Rigby running the 300gr Stone Hammer with a red dot halo sight. This is not a traditional setup but has proven over and over to be more effective than the traditional heavy solid at 2200 fps for penetration and killing ability. I plan to take a 500 Jeffery running a 450gr Stone Hammer at north of 2700 fps. Not the traditional 570gr solid running 2200 fps. I don't think the 50 cal is needed, it's just cool! My rifle is getting built now. It will be a 22" barrel on a 1917 Enfield in a English walnut stock topped with a red dot.

Due to the overpopulation of elephants the price to hunt them is much less than ever before. Much less than a guided moose hunt in Alaska and you can get the tusks home. If any of you want to have a true African Safari experience there is no better time than now.

I've always wanted a Leopard…..I think that I just changed my mind! 🙀 memtb

1728141810195.jpeg