Easy to make 22 Creedmor from 308

By the time I paid shipping and tax these 300 pieces of 22-250 Norma cost me $350
and I challenge all of you to try and find any 22 250 brass out there right now ...

they are unicorns
I don't know what happened ?? why the manufacturers all halted production
there are plenty of rifles rolling off the line worldwide with this classic cartridge.

it's ridiculous ....thus ...my quick decision to build a 22 Creed even though my 22250 AI won't be in my hands till next week....

Attachments

• 20240602_130644[1].jpg
    20240602_130644[1].jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 37
If you are shooting 55gr and under then the 22-250 is great, but if you want to go up to 70-80 grain heavies the 22cm is your huckleberry-----

sad, do you have to ream the modified 308 case necks? Seems like they would be pretty thick and might form donuts if not reaming
55 and under I'll use my 223AI to keep it economical .....less powder is the new norm

Have a good day guys , I'm headed to my brothers shop to fabricate a pedestal action and barrel vise.... ordered my Short Action customs action wrench .. No go and go gauges for my 22 creed build , as well as doing the barrel swap myself on my Tikka CTR 6.5 ....the local smith has taken the last 3 days off ...I'm tired of waiting on others to do a job I can do better ... Ill just buy the damned tool and make a few myself..

Been busy ..
No donuts whatsoever ,,,kept it lubed with lanolin and graphite through the process
ended up at .255" to .257" average ...set the cutter to finish at .250"
thickness averaged .015" to .018"
Seat the bullet and you land on the money !

Running batches through trimmer takes no time at all ...
I have an abundance of 308 Brass , so it's a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing
I have my 6.5, 22 Creed as well as 308 all covered with availability ...

Time at the bench is therapy to me so I don't find myself lamenting about it
turn on the talk radio and just let it flow ....

The one gentleman mentioned he would go through all these steps etc...
6 times what I did ,,,,if you feel that's needed go for it....
I'll do it with 3 steps and done ...

Having just exhausted all resources on the internet abroad looking for 22 250 brass and found only 300 pieces of Norma for $335 I'm not exactly over joyed with the prospect of dealing with that again .....Thus I threw together this rifle on the quick and cheap to run it and balance the use ....again brass and component availability is NOT going to be taken for granted by me.....I know what the future holds.....it's NOT good..
I just spent the weekend fishing with someone who works for a major ammo company. The conversations about ammo production and supply constraints in that industry were eye opening and not very reassuring as a shooter and hunter.

Time is money. What is your time worth? For some maybe it makes sense. The older you get you realize time is a precious commodity. You only get so much. I 'd rather be hunting, fishing or shooting than spending time at the bench.

Because ,,,that's why .....not sure if you have noticed but the economy is in freefall
Food is quickly becoming a commodity as it's increasingly rare and out of reach
if you don't crap ....

I hunt coyotes and chucks ....I'm not wasting money punching lil holes in paper
therefore I'm not worrying about getting that last .0001" in concentricity improvement out of my ammo ....1/2 MOA works for me....

I'm staying frugal .....The money I save with time at the bench , provides more $$ to buy more superformance ......

lol

By the time I paid shipping and tax these 300 pieces of 22-250 Norma cost me $350
and I challenge all of you to try and find any 22 250 brass out there right now ...

they are unicorns
I don't know what happened ?? why the manufacturers all halted production
there are plenty of rifles rolling off the line worldwide with this classic cartridge.

it's ridiculous ....thus ...my quick decision to build a 22 Creed even though my 22250 AI won't be in my hands till next week....
Sportsmansgunshop.com has them in stock. 300 pieces of Sig 22-250 for $197

Also found this: https://sportsmansreloads.com/product/federal-premium-gold-medal-brass-22-250-remington-bag-of-100/

I've never ordered from them, so I can't vouch.

Last edited:
I just spent the weekend fishing with someone who works for a major ammo company. The conversations about ammo production and supply constraints in that industry were eye opening and not very reassuring as a shooter and hunter.
Feel free to share

If you are shooting 55gr and under then the 22-250 is great, but if you want to go up to 70-80 grain heavies the 22cm is your huckleberry-----

sad, do you have to ream the modified 308 case necks? Seems like they would be pretty thick and might form donuts if not reaming
I have a 26" 22-250 in fast twist that I run the 75's @3,300fps, and while not as fast as my AI's or 22CM, it is no slouch either.

Last edited:
I have a 26" 22-250 in fast twist that I run the 75's in @3,300fps, and while not as fast as my AI's or 22CM, it is no slouch either.
Thats plenty fast enough to get the job done ....