Does anyone manufacture a 700/700 clone M5 style bottom metal that mimics the ADL blind magazine?

Darryle

In other words, instead of having an ADL style manufactured, I was wondering if any makes or would make a false floor plate to essentially make any M5 bottom metal inlet stock an ADL.

This is what lead me to think about it, Jefferson Outdoors blind magazine bottom metal.

Some people don't like the floorplate or detachable magazine and others hate the ADL style blind magazine.

Just something rumbling thru my noggin

IMG_9760.jpeg

Well, I have a coworker that wants a new rifle for a future safari but he's adamant about a blind magazine. There are few options for a blind magazine aftermarket stock, McMillan is one, I know of, but he wants a Manners LRH like I have on a couple of rifles, but I am not sure they offer it. He found a used one he likes but it is inletted for the M5 style bottom metal.

I got to thinking about it and thought if someone did and it was made for an extended Wyatt's box, it would solve two of his wants. I have already suggested the Hawkins M5 Hunter DBM bottom metal and the M5 BDL style bottom metals, but he's wanting to avoid any potential issues. He's got a trip to Africa in 2024 and wants a new new rifle.

I told him to order a flat top that has no inletting and let his gunsmith do the rest, he's even hesitant about that.

Could probably pin the M5 bdl shut and never have an issue. Less refinishing than running a bead. I do like the idea of bottom metal like the one for the Mini Howa!

I have a Mcswirley that is ADL and he's pestered me to no end to buy it, but it's a short action and he's building a long action.

His gunsmith won't start the build until he gets the stock, I understand that, but man he's driving me nuts. I told him, we work with carbon fiber every day, we can modify the stock he buys, may not be pretty but it will be functional and solid, plus some paint on the old pig will hide the heartache 🤣

Convert his stock to ADL, really isn't all that complicated.

Both of these stocks started life with BDL bottom metal, one HS Precision and the other a Christensen.

Q2qwVg.jpg

8UfrLY.jpg

Those look really clean! Did you do them or have a GS do it?

Just epoxy and some paint?

Convert his stock to ADL, really isn't all that complicated.

Both of these stocks started life with BDL bottom metal, one HS Precision and the other a Christensen.

Q2qwVg.jpg

8UfrLY.jpg

He doesn't have one yet, everything he finds is either inletted or short action.

I told him we could do that, we work with carbon fiber everyday.