Does anyone manufacture a 700/700 clone M5 style bottom metal that mimics the ADL blind magazine?

He's already talked to McMillan, their willing, he just doesn't want to wait.

I think we are going to convert a Manners LRH or PH using the method described earlier in the thread.

He's found a Back in Black PH at a gunsmith east of the metroplex and his gunsmith has a Back in Black LRH. I told him to buck up and buy it and we can make it a blind magazine. I just need to figure out how to manufacture a piece of carbon fiber thick enough to fill the inlet using dry carbon fiber weave and wet epoxy. I know the method, trying to figure out how to apply enough pressure to avoid any voids. I have a venturi vacuum pump and an electric vacuum pump, just need 24 hours of cure time, so probably the electric pump method. I will know tomorrow what he chooses and go from there. His gunsmith has already said that he could mill the carbon to fit and suggested leaving as a separate piece from the stock so that he could install pillars in the stock and countersunk washers in the filler. I am concerned about the holes delaminating under torque, we'll see. I am going to try to make a couple and I am considering making one with aluminum pillars in place that can be drilled after the piece is fit to the stock.

I realize this is out of stock at Wyatts, but maybe someone else would have one on hand?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230914-221325_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230914-221325_Samsung Internet.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 25

Recent Posts