Does anyone know the VMD for Ramshot LRT powder

Silver_Is_Money

Does anyone have the VMD (Volume Measure Density) factor for Ramshot LRT powder?

VMD × Grains_Of_Powder = CC's_Of_Case_Volume_Consumed (for the case of volume dropping)

CC's_Of_Available_Case_Volume ÷ VMD = Grains_Of_Powder_Required_For_100%_Fill

Last edited:
'LEE Precision' originally came up with the concept of VMD's for powders as a means by which to use their plastic powder scoop sets.

VMD × Grains_Of_Powder_Desired = CC's_Of_Dipper_Required

(or)

Grains_Of_Powder_Dipped = CC's_Of_Dipper_Used ÷ VMD

There is a real world flaw using weight to form powder density calculations. Powder weight is not stable even after only a few days after manufacture, solvents start to evaporate off…
I measure my powder charges by volume after the load work up is done in grains, volume never changes, and weighing powder in less then .1g is futile at best…

Cheers.

I can't tell you what the VMD is, all I can say is that it is heavy.
I think I'm loading high 70s, low 80s in my 257 Weatherby Magnum.
I looked it up on QL for my 7mm Rem Mag and 7mm Weatherby Magnum and was in the mid to high 70s.

Definitely heavier than RL26.

I can't tell you what the VMD is, all I can say is that it is heavy.
I think I'm loading high 70s, low 80s in my 257 Weatherby Magnum.
I looked it up on QL for my 7mm Rem Mag and 7mm Weatherby Magnum and was in the mid to high 70s.

Definitely heavier than RL26.
What weight did you start at using in 257 Weatherby for LRT if you don't mind me asking ? I have a couple pds. I'd like to try in a few different cartridges. Same with Staball HD. I've been using Retumbo, H1000, RL26, N570 for so long up to trying something new. Have plenty Staball HD. See it here often. Found LRT at Scheels in Billings not long ago.

There is a real world flaw using weight to form powder density calculations. Powder weight is not stable even after only a few days after manufacture, solvents start to evaporate off…
I measure my powder charges by volume after the load work up is done in grains, volume never changes, and weighing powder in less then .1g is futile at best…

Cheers.
I find that interesting and need to ask as to what are you using to measure volume so accurately. I'm sorry the only thing I know to measure volume is the old sliding black powder scales. I do remember hearing about bench rest shooters measuring by volume but never knew how they did it.