Do you hunt alone or with buddies and relatives ?

In my twenties, thirties, and early forties I hunted alone. Mostly because I didn't want people to find out my best hunting spots. After a heart attack, five stents,neck surgery, fusing C 4,5,6. Plus my lumbar spine waiting its turn for surgery I'm pretty much forbidden to go alone unless I'm hunting around my house. My best friend is in pretty much the same condition so we hunt together. We joke that the two of us wouldn't make one healthy person. Luckily his family has a 900 plus acre farm covered up in deer where we share a big blind, we talk and he watches one direction, I the other. Then we help each other load the deer\deers. Being old isn't for the faint of heart.

When I was younger I hunted with family and friends. Then more solo until my nephew started hunting for several years till he got busy with work and girls. Now I’m kind of back solo except for usually 1 trip I year I make west for deer or antelope and my dad who’s going to be 72 this year still likes to go.

I use to hunt with my dad from the age of 3 till i was 36 when he quit hunting .Then in alaska i took every kid i could find hunting for 12 years .Then i came back to ga took more kids hunting till i ran out of kids to take .I had some good hunting buddies but they are all in Heaven .I have hunteed alone the past 10 years or so .
Here in Washington it's hard enough to get a deer for yourself let alone take anybody with you I used to take people and show them really good spots because none of them really wanted to get out and walk or hike or look for anything on their own now they've brought their friends and their friends and their friends so I stopped taking people I don't show anybody anything anymore nobody knows how to keep a spot a secret everybody stay safe out there when shooting keep it in the ten ring

Used to be alone or with family / friends. But had a heart attack out hunting by myself and am still recovering so going out alone is not in the cards for me any longer. It’s really limited my abilities but I still get out, but shuttle people around and hunt closer to the roads. No big long back country hunts any longer. Had my 2nd heart attack recently but still enjoy shooting, reloading and such. I just do what I can in the limited places and temps that I can handle. One suggestion I’d make is if you’re hunting alone at least let someone know where you’re going. Laying on the ground hoping someone finds you when no one knows where you are wasn’t ideal. Luckily I was finally able to stand and save myself.

Last edited:
I hope to take and teach kids to hunt .The ground hunting blinds are totally awesome for this .I built a awesome rest for their guns and always put super comfortable chairs so they can sit longer these days they want to play on their games too .I have had wild turkeys eat spiders off of the blind wall .The thing that hurt our kids hunt they chsnged to where only the kid could tote a gun .Thr area i hunt has tons of black bears and that new law cut the number of kids going by 75 percrby which is terrible .Hopefully we can get kids to hunting before it disapears .The last three kids hunts i went only 70 percent of the kids were girls .I guess the boys were home making cookies .All the kids i took hunting and fishing in alaska still go to feed their families .