• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom savage 338-06

luvs2hunt62

I'm selling my savage 338-06. It has a 23" stainless shaw barrel, accutrigger, and only about 15 rounds fired. I'll throw in 50 pieces of brass to the buyer. Check the ballistics for this one--compares very favorably with the 338 win mag, especially in the 225 gr bullet weight. I'll take $650 shipped to your ffl if he acceps from an individual.

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 9
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 8
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 9
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 11
Any targets?

Picture of the marking on the barrel indicating caliber?

History of the action?

Thanks.

BIG MISTAKE-- I GOT CONFUSED ON THIS GUN AND A 25-06 ACKLEY IMPROVED I BUILT

THIS ONE HAS A McGOWEN BARREL--ETCHED ON THE BARREL

338-06(10)
McGOWEN PRECISION BARREL

THE PICTURES OF THE GROUPS BELOW WERE TAKEN AND POSTED IN MY LOAD DEVELOPMENT LOG BOOK ON 1 NOV 2012---THE GROUPS SHOWN WERE TAKEN TO CONFIRM MY LIMITED LOAD DELELOPMENT FOR A HOG ELIMINATION EXPEDITION IN A FRIEND'S ORANGE GROVE. THEY WERE SHOT AT 50 YDS, THE DISTANCE MY STAND WAS SET UP FROM THE BAIT---

Attachments

• DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 9
This action was taken from a SAVAGE 110 IN .270. By the condition of the origional barrel it was carried a lot more than it was shot, and the action is very smooth, trigger is great, never adjusted. There is a scratch on the top of the action just under the front scope mount.

Picture of the crown is below.

Attachments

• DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 7