• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED custom savage .30-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegas steve

i have decided to sell one of my recent builds,it consists of a savage long action that has been trued and timed by jim caudill(mauser man),rifle basix sav 2 trigger set at 12 oz. custom bolt handle and trued barrel nut. the barrel on this rig is a 26" 60's era sako blank that was part of jims personal stash. cut rifled and hand lapped,straight non taper at 1.165" at the muzzle. barrel is chromoly,not stainless so it will last forever in this caliber.stock is a choate ultimate varminter that is fully bedded and has a morgan adjustable butplate pad system mated to it.comes also with an egw 1 pc picatiny base. this gun shoots like a dream netting consistent .4 groups or smaller at 300 yrds. i shot a personal best .294 3 shot with 175 smk's and imr 4350. gun has appox 400 rds down the tube. 1000.00 takes it home.

Attachments

• DSC01806.jpg
    DSC01806.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01807.jpg
    DSC01807.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01778.jpg
    DSC01778.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01780.jpg
    DSC01780.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 12
you said
barrel is chrome moly,not stainless so it will last forever in this caliber

just curious why chrome moly would last longer in any caliber than stainless
general concencience is that stainlless last longer
can you enlighten me ?

i surely can,chromoly is a less malible steel than barrel grade stainless,it is harder and more difficult to machine than stainless.that is why you hardly ever see a barrel manufacture offer a hand lapped chromoly barrel as it takes twice as long to remove any material in the lapping process,hence 99% of all custom barrels are stainless because of the ease of machining and lapping.the old myth of stainless barrels lasting longer couldn't be farther from the truth.the material is softer so simple logic tells you that it will not last as long. a quality chomoly barrel will net you anywhere from 800 to 1500 additional shots before any change in accuracy over a stainless equivalent.

Steve not trying to hijack your post, it'll give you a bump ttt anyway, but who painted and webed your stock?

me. wow i'm surprised to see this awesome machine not sold yet. well i can make one price reduction to 900.00 plus shipping

help me out here guys,where am i going wrong with this sale?this gun is cabable of shooting in the high .2's at 300 yrds,thats over twice as accurate as 90% of the guns ever listed on lrh.can't figure out why it isn't already gone.

I am also shocked that this isnt sold yet, if i had the money i would be the owner by now. gun)

close thread and youll have 30 guys out of nowhere wanting to be on the buy list all the sudden:rolleyes:

The gun is shooter, as Ive seen what it can do at the range. Bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.