Custom Rifle Stocks: Why spend more than you need to?

AG Composites

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
Latest blog is live at the link below! Give it a read and let us know how you think current rifle stock prices compare to the rest of the firearm industry, or the economy in general.

Custom Stocks: Why spend more than needed?

Smoke.jpg

Last edited:
Hello. We hate to hear that. Can you send me a picture or elaborate on what you didn't like. Thanks
The yellow paint was running in a few spots (first pic) and the flush cup in the front was inserted past flush so I had to file the shell around the edges to get my sling to insert and clip in (2nd pic). There was pitting in the shell towards the front of the stock (last pic). Thank you for your concern.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 107
The yellow paint was running in a few spots (first pic) and the flush cup in the front was inserted past flush so I had to file the shell around the edges to get my sling to insert and clip in (2nd pic). There was pitting in the shell towards the front of the stock (last pic). Thank you for your concern.
I can tell by the paint that is an older version. Nonetheless, shouldn't have had those runs... Contact us if you want to talk about sending it back to get refinished. 1-833-AGSTOCK

Last edited:
There is very limited options on the website order page for inletting for actions and barrels. I assume that is a matter of calling in the order rather than ordering via the web?

There is very limited options on the website order page for inletting for actions and barrels. I assume that is a matter of calling in the order rather than ordering via the web?
What action / barrel are you looking for? We have close to 50 options. We do focus on Rem 700 and rem clones, tikka and savage will be coming later this year.

Last edited:
I am not looking as I am currently building with a Manners PH stock. However as an example I am building with a BAT Vampire action and CarbonSix Sendero (regular not lite). Neither of these options are available as choices online when "building a stock".

I can tell by the paint that is an older version. Nonetheless, shouldn't have had those runs... Contact us if you want to talk about sending it back to get refinished. 1-833-AGSTOCK
Yes, the stock was purchased around 4 years ago I believe. Who should I ask for about having it refinished? How long would something like this take? Thanks

I am not looking as I am currently building with a Manners PH stock. However as an example I am building with a BAT Vampire action and CarbonSix Sendero (regular not lite). Neither of these options are available as choices online when "building a stock".

We haven't had much demand for the BAT Vampire. It has the flat bottom making it unique. We do have the CarbonSix Sendero. It just hasn't been added to the site.