• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom .338 Baer, Bartlein barrel, less than 50 rds

liveround

Up for sale is a customized .338 Baer......this is an improved .338 LM with about 200 fps faster muzzle velocity. The action is a blueprinted 700 Sendero (1st gen), barrel is a Bartlein HV Stainless Fluted. It has a Vias muzzle brake, PR&T firing pin and spring assembly, Holland recoil lug, PT&G bolt shroud, and a Timney trigger. It also has a 20moa base. The stock is an HS Precision PSV029-22 and is bedded. The gunsmith was Sid Goodling.

$2100 + shipping to FFL

Thanks!

baer1.jpg

baer2.jpg

baer3.jpg

Great looking hammer! What is the barrel length, how much does it weight and does any brass or dies come with it?

Thanks!

Great looking hammer! What is the barrel length, how much does it weight and does any brass or dies come with it?

Thanks!
Barrel length is 30", weight is 10.8 lbs. Has 20 rds never fired brass, 19 rds once fired brass, and 1 box of 20 Federal Premium 225 gr .340 Weatherby Magnum.

How does it shoot? Loads? What bullets? Are you able to seat near l & g?

How does it shoot? Loads? What bullets? Are you able to seat near l & g?

Very accurate with little recoil. You can either shoot .340 Weatherby Magnum rounds and use the fireformed brass, or buy .340 WM brass. You could also use 300 WM and just neck size it up to .338. 250gr Hornady chronos as 3090. Chronos 2910 with Berger 300gr OTM's.

I am a little confused, is it a 340 weatherby or a 338 Lapua imptoved?

Ok, your first post says 338 LM Improved. Is the Lapua case and the 340 the same case?

I'm am just curious , I know Sid Goodland and he is an Awesome smith. Well known here in Pa.

I'm am just curious , I know Sid Goodland and he is an Awesome smith. Well known here in Pa.

I bought this rifle from a guy that lives in PA......he mentioned that Sid was the gunsmith. I don't personally know Sid.

Recent Posts